Job title: Highway Senior Technician
- Coordinating the day-to-day operations of the A1(M) DBFO project.
- Inspection of highway infrastructure (detailed, safety and general inspections of carriageways drainage and street furniture) including TRMM/R&WSC detailed walkthrough inspections
- Collection of inspections data and inventory updates and recording on GEOMM (Computer based system)
- Preparation of reports, including CAT 1, logging defects in a computer-based record system.
- Assessment and ordering remedial works using computerised ordering system (Raising Works orders)
- Assessment, planning, programming and supervision of routine planned and cyclic maintenance works.
- Organisation of pavement condition surveys and assessing data
- Managing the Term Maintenance Contract, monitoring and reporting performance, overseeing, and the supervision and approving of works.
- Production of budgets and estimates, monitoring and reporting on expenditure. Verifying Contractor's valuations.
- Monitoring all necessary inspections and ensuring they are undertaken and recorded for pavement, structures, geotechnical and street lighting.
- Part of a team responsible to give cover for weekend and Public Holiday working for safety patrols.
- Quality management, application and monitoring of the quality system.
- NRSWA Duties (inc. obtain STATS and coordinating utilities work)
- Health & safety (inc. CDM 2015), application, control and monitoring of safety management systems.
- Production and review of Risks Assessments and Method Statements.
- Liaison with emergency services, Highways England, local highway authorities and, as instructed by the Client, members of the public on operational matters to include duty call out and winter management duties (October – March).
- Night time inspections of infrastructure and contractors work.
- Network Occupancy Management Plans, Network Event Manager (NEMS)& Road Space Booking, managing, supervision and assisting of Highways England procedures.
- Project Management -Programme, Supervision, monitoring and management of contractors be a proactive team member, work closely with colleagues to provide a quality output.
- Effective written and oral skills to produce reports and communicate to the public and local council officers
- Good IT and computer skills able to communicate by email and use software packages for word processing and spreadsheets.
- Good diary and record keeping.
- Able to read drawings to locate defects on the highway.
- Willing to work unsociable hours, weekends and Public Holidays.
- Flexible in their approach and able and willing to assist and support other team members.
- Able to work without supervision and to seek advice when necessary.
- Able to work to deadlines.
- Professional approach with good communication skills at all levels.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on 020 8690 9942 or 07881788772
Our industry knowledge ensures a unique, valued and specialist service. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism.
For Further Information on Hup Consulting visit www.huphuphup.com