Job title: Senior/ Principal Traffic Signals Engineer
An experienced Senior / Principal Traffic Signals Engineer is required to join an established and highly experienced transport team. The local transport team offers clients a wide range of multi-disciplinary services including developing planning work, sustainable travel studies, transport assessments, transport strategy, public transport studies, transport modelling and public consultation The Transport Planning team provides a broad range of advice to private sector, local authority and national government clients on access, transportation and infrastructure schemes through feasibility studies, transport assessments, and business cases.
The role presents an excellent opportunity to progress your career and work on a wide range of regionally, nationally and internationally based transport planning projects.
Working as a part of a wider transport planning team you will also sit in a local and national group of traffic signal professionals. The key part of your role is the modelling, design, specification and delivery of traffic signal schemes, including progressing designs from inception through to implementation.
We are seeking an individual who is technically competent and who is enthusiastic to expand their experience in this field, ideally with skills/knowledge in the following areas:
- Production of AutoCAD designs;
- Preparation of concept, preliminary and detailed junction designs;
- Capacity analysis of junctions, using Junctions 8 / 9, LinSig and Transyt;
- Production of signal timings for CLF plans;
- TR2500 specification writing;
- Preparation of TA 84 compliant package;
- Knowledge of industry standards such as DMRB and TSRGD;
- Contributing to providing solutions to problems;
- Working both in an office environment and occasionally visiting sites;
- Good report writing skills
- Good communication skills, including an ability to communicate technical analysis to a non-technical audience
Skills/ Experience/ Qualifications
A Degree or HNC in transport planning, highways engineering or other discipline that relates to this role, and a strong track record of developing and delivering traffic signal and junction improvement schemes either in a consultancy or a local authority background.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on 020 8690 9942 or 07881788772
Our industry knowledge ensures a unique, valued and specialist service. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism.
For Further Information on Hup Consulting visit www.huphuphup.com