We have an opportunity for an experienced Senior or Principal Highway Engineer to join our Client’s growing Development Infrastructure Engineering team in either Birmingham or Newcastle.
The successful candidate will join a growing and vibrant Highways and Development Infrastructure team providing strong technical guidance whilst contributing to work-winning with both existing and new clients.
The main focus of the role is to act as a Project Manager for development schemes from inception to completion, responsible for delivering a broad range of services to public and private sector clients and partners, including:
- Preparation of feasibility studies, preliminary through to detailed design for road and drainage infrastructure;
- Maintain Designers Risk Assessments in accordance with CDM regulations
- Undertake site visits, surveys and inspections, preparing follow up reports
- Monitor delivery against project deliverables
- Mentor junior staff members, assisting with their development
- Take responsibility and provide all technical and commercial knowledge on projects
- Either Chartered Status or approaching chartered status (Senior Engineer) experience on development highway design, junction design and associated environmental impact reporting.
- Strong technical knowledge, including use of industry standard road/drainage design software and sound knowledge of current design standards (Civils 3D / PDS / MX, Micro Drainage).
- Ability to form constructive, lasting relationships with clients and professional partners
- Ability to develop and sell innovative solutions for clients
- Ability to effectively lead an experienced team of professionals
- High standards of written and oral communication
- Excellent understanding of project management
- A proactive approach to seeking and sharing knowledge
- A commitment to supporting the career development of colleagues
- Familiar with CDM process; Should be well-versed in UK highways technical and legal framework and relevant authorities, adoption processes.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on 020 8690 9942 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our industry knowledge ensures a unique, valued and specialist service. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism.
For Further Information on Hup Consulting visit www.huphuphup.com