Owing to continued growth within our client’s Modelling and Appraisal teams, and a strong pipeline of exciting and diverse projects, we have opportunities for talented strategic and microsimulation modellers at Senior and Principal Consultant grades in Birmingham.
Responsibilities will include:
- Development and calibration/validation of transport models
- Preparing technical reports for clients
- Preparation of proposal tenders and study methodologies
- Manage own work and continue to learn new techniques and software packages
- Act as technical lead on projects or modelling tasks, including overseeing inputs of junior staff
- Skills transfer to junior team members
- Attending meetings and communicating with internal and external client
- Assist with assessing client requirements for modelling and related tasks
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Degree level qualification or above
- Substantial post-qualification experience in transport modelling in a consultancy or local authority setting
- Experience in 2 or more of VISSIM, VISUM, SATURN, Paramics, LinSig and TRANSYT
- Experience in taking models through all TfL MAP stages would be beneficial, but not essential.
Wider experience of transport planning/highway engineering, project management experience, involvement in work-winning activities including tender preparation, and knowledge of GIS software and computer programming (e.g. VBA, Python) would be desirable.
The successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent numeracy and analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to innovate
- High standard of written and verbal communication
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on 020 8690 9942 or email@example.com
Our industry knowledge ensures a unique, valued and specialist service. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism.
For Further Information on Hup Consulting visit www.huphuphup.com