Job title: Senior Consultant - EconomicsLocation: LondonSalary: Competitive
Our clients Economics team has developed strongly over the last few years, with a growing international portfolio of economic development and urban regeneration projects. Continued growth of the business has given rise to an opportunity to appoint an Economic Consultant. In this position, you will have the opportunity to support on a number of engaging projects within the group covering a wide range of issues - from industrial and sector strategy; enterprise and SME development; capability development; urban resilience and infrastructure development – and at all levels from regional planning through to development of key sites within cities.
They are looking for a Consultant with a background in economic appraisal and modelling, who whilst working as part of our team, will shape creative solutions to address the challenges facing cities around the world.
Responsibilities & Accountability
- Actively support consulting technical solutions; ensuring the delivery of client outputs that adapts to their understanding, experience and needs
- Undertakes project delivery work through field trips, phone and face to face interviews, desk research and team discussion
- Works with a broad range of in-house disciplines – engineers, planners, GIS experts and architects
- Monitors and manages the successful delivery of projects in this context and in terms of technical quality, timely delivery, financial performance and client satisfaction.
- Work with range of public and private sector clients including developers, city authorities, infrastructure financiers and
- Ability to provide consultancy advice including in relation to economic development strategy and vision, integrated urban development, and feasibility studies
- Research and analytical experience of undertaking business case analysis and economic appraisals of policy and project
- Quantitative economic and financial modelling and analysis to
- develop business case to appraise financial viability of development and infrastructure projects
- identify economic and social needs and demands for development and infrastructure
- undertake demand assessments and competitiveness analysis.
- Data handling and analysis – MS Access, medium to high. Excel advanced
- Statistical packages - SPSS, Stata
- Spatial data analysis – Arcview, QGIS, R
- Business intelligence software – MS Power BI, Tableau.
- Foreign language skills desirable but not essential
- Interest in working internationally and a willingness to travel.
- Essential minimum 2:1 honours degree in economics, statistics or social sciences (where economics comprises a significant component) from an internationally recognised university
- Essential postgraduate degree in a subject area related to economics, urban development or data science
- Work Experience minimum 2 years.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on email@example.com or 020 8690 9942
Our industry knowledge ensures a unique, valued and specialist service. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism.
For Further Information on Hup Consulting visit www.huphuphup.com