Job title: Traffic Engineering and Modelling – Team LeaderLocation: LondonSalary: Competitive
Our clients’ skill lies in our ability to identify and predict the interaction between the various components of the road network and the operational environment at every stage of the design and planning process – from defining the concept design through to delivery.
Our approach often uses a range of design and modelling tools and techniques, from bespoke spreadsheet models of varying complexity, to the use of standard tools such as VISSIM, LinSig and Junctions 9.
Our aim is to deliver outstanding value for money through bringing innovation, clarity and transparency to our evaluation techniques, allowing us to focus time and effort delivering the project requirements whilst also adding value.
The position will be based in their London office and will report to the Team Leader, Traffic Engineering.
As well as the key responsibilities of the role, you will also be able to demonstrate a relevant portfolio of clients and be keen to get involved in networking with potential new clients.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with the team leader to build the team and win new work.
- Provide technical support for a wide range of traffic engineering commissions, drawing on proven experience in a relevant area of expertise
- Act as project manager, or technical lead for projects, ensuring delivery in line with budget, time and quality requirements
- Provide mentoring and support to less experienced staff with regard to technical skill development and day-to-day overseeing of workload.
- Provide an innovative and problem-solving approach to consultancy, adding value for clients and developing strong client relationships
- Contribute to bids, proposals and peer reviews for business development and to expand their traffic engineering capabilities
- Provide support and develop project team members, graduates and other professionals where required
Skills and Experience:
Your skills, experience and competencies in the following areas will be key attributes for the role:
- A strong technical background with demonstrable experience in highway design of public transport / cycle / pedestrian schemes, or detailed design and implementation
Degree qualification preferably in Civil Engineering plus relevant experience
Experience working for both local authority and private clients, particularly Transport for London, the London Boroughs and large home builders and developers.
Conversant in industry standards – for example TSRGD, DMRB, Manual for Streets
Experienced user and able to train others in the use of traffic modelling software – LinSig/TRANSYT/VISSIM/Junctions 9
Committed to delivering high quality design solutions
- Awareness of core processes for scheme design and project delivery
- Familiarity with key project controls with experience managing small to medium sized commissions
- Experienced with AutoCAD, MS Office
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Flexibility to manage diverse workload, drive and assist with new business opportunities and pro-actively keep abreast with developments in chosen area of technical /sector interest
- Demonstrates strong client focus and commercial awareness
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills (oral and written) with the ability to communicate complex issues concisely
- Has the initiative to develop new approaches and new ways of thinking
- Pro-active and self-motivated, with the desire to make a valuable personal contribution
- Collaborative and adaptable team player, as part of a multi-disciplinary team
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 8690 9942
Our industry knowledge ensures a unique, valued and specialist service. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism.
For Further Information on Hup Consulting visit www.huphuphup.com