Job title: Principal/Associate Flood Risk and Drainage Engineer
Principal/Associate Flood Risk and Drainage Engineer to join the civils design team in Reading.
This exciting opportunity will involve working with a friendly team of specialist design engineers to deliver Flood Risk Assessments and Drainage Strategies for private sector clients, commercial and housing developers and Local Authorities.
The ideal candidate will have a background in delivering Flood Risk Assessments, SuDS and Drainage Strategies, as well as the production and co-ordination of foul and surface water drainage design, river restoration/design, contributing to environmental impact assessments and other civil engineering works within the water/environment industry.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual to help develop a strategically important sector of the business and the successful person will be key in building the business.
The candidate will ideally have:
- At least a higher education qualification in a relevant science discipline (however consideration would also be given to suitable candidates with relevant experience).
- At least five years’ post-graduate experience in a relevant position.
- Comprehensive experience in preparing and delivering Flood Risk Assessments and outline and detailed Drainage Strategies to support planning applications.
- A strong drainage capability (storm and foul) with a good understanding of drainage design and knowledge of Sewers for Adoption 7th Edition and SuDS (CIRIA C753).
- A strong understanding of national planning policy and relevant legislation with regard to flood risk and drainage (such as NPPF, Flood and Water Management Act and Water Framework Directive) in addition to best practice in association with drainage, flood risk and the water environment.
- An understanding of hydraulic modelling techniques, Microdrainage, FEH, AutoCAD and GIS.
- An understanding of the Flood Risk Activity Permitting and Land Drainage Consent Process would be advantageous but not essential.
- Experience of meeting attendance and liaising with clients, architects, contractors, local authorities and other statutory bodies.
- Good report writing skills.
- Strong organisational, communication and time management skills.
- Takes a practical approach to problem solving.
- Chartered status or working towards Chartered status (ICE/CIWEM) would be an advantage.
Rewards and Benefits
- An attractive and modern working environment with good accessibility by all modes of transport
- The opportunity to progress quickly within the firm;
- A wide range of challenging projects;
- Ongoing support, training and mentoring from senior professionals within the business; and
- We will also assist you in obtaining your professional qualifications.
- We also offer an attractive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive salary;
- 25 Days annual leave plus the ability to purchase an additional 5 days leave;
- Flexible working arrangements;
- Private healthcare;
- Cycle to Work Scheme;
- Payment of professional subscription; and
- Membership of our group pension scheme.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 8609 6522
Our industry knowledge ensures a unique, valued and specialist service. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism.
For Further Information on Hup Consulting visit www.huphuphup.com