Our client is seeking to recruit an experienced Associate level S278 Engineer to support the continuing success of their Birmingham office.
The candidate will provide design expertise and support on a wide range of commercial and residential projects ensuring designs are prepared in accordance with current legislation, best practice, council policies and to the highest technical standards. With the necessary support the candidate will have the opportunity to run their own projects and grow and develop their own team, providing technical mentoring to more junior team members.
The candidate should have a range of experience with knowledge of the following:
- Ideally have a degree in civil engineering or similar with 10 years’ relevant post graduate experience.
- A strong knowledge of highway design, and drainage.
- Thorough understanding of Section 278 design and approval processes.
- Knowledge of highway design standards – DMRB, Manual for Streets and NRSWA.
- Experience in the design of both commercial and residential developments including infrastructure, external works and drainage.
- Knowledge of highway and drainage adoption processes and legal requirements for S278, S38 and S104.
- Comprehensive understanding and use of software packages including AutoCAD, Civils 3D and Micro Drainage.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Experience of meeting attendance to discuss issues with clients, architects, contractors, local authorities and other statutory bodies.
- Good time management and organisational skills with the ability to maintain good records.
- Experience of leading a team, managing resources and delivering projects on time and to a budget.
- Ability to build a team and mentor junior members of staff.
- Ability to establish new client relationships to help develop and grow the business.
- A flair for problem solving.
Rewards and Benefits
- An attractive and modern working environment with good accessibility by all modes of transport;
- The opportunity to progress quickly within the firm;
- A wide range of challenging projects;
- Ongoing support, training and mentoring from senior professionals within the business; and
- We will also assist you in obtaining your professional qualifications.
- We also offer an attractive benefits package that includes:
- 25 Days annual leave plus the ability to purchase an additional 5 days leave;
- Flexible working arrangements;
- Private healthcare;
- Cycle to Work Scheme;
- Payment of professional subscription; and
- Membership of our group pension scheme.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on email@example.com or 020 8690 9942
Our industry knowledge ensures a unique, valued and specialist service. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism.
For Further Information on Hup Consulting visit www.huphuphup.com