Our Client; a global leader in public transport infrastructure, is seeking a Cost Analyst to join their Signature Team in the UK, working on high profile infrastructure projects such as Crossrail and HS2.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a range of experience within the Civil Engineering/ Transportation/ Infrastructure sectors.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic Cost Control Analyst to further their career in a highly motivated and inspirational environment.
To be responsible for implementing Cost Control Procedures and ensuring compliance with the business management systems. The role requires the individual to operate at an intermediate level, and interface inwardly (Delivery Team).
To establish and maintain positive and effective relationships with senior management and delivery teams.
- To implement the requirements for Cost Control
- Assist on the production and delivery of the Performance Measurement Baseline and Performance Measurement Updates
- Capture and integrate current and forecast programme, budget, cost, and risk at CBS & tasks level using the approved tools, effectively using IT and systems
- Responsible for ensuring all Cost related inputs are reliable and provided in a timely manner to support the Performance Measurement Update (PMU) process.
- Responsible for producing reliable Earned value reports.
- Attend progress meetings with supply chain, designers, planning, commercial & construction team
- Attending weekly/monthly site visits
- Liaise with Commercial team on the financial progress, actual cost and forecast
- Ensure the use of CBS across the project; and that work and cost is allocated within the correct cost centre
- Providing general support to the Commercial team on tasks such as monthly cost reports & accruals based on EVA
- Prepare weekly progress reports comparing planned work with actual work produced on site for key elements and commodities
- Experience of cost control services within large complex environments within the construction and engineering industry
- Good understanding of Project controls and alignment of programme, cost, budget, risk and change
- Understanding of various forms of tender documents, contract documents and specifications
- Good understanding of various methods of cost control, forecasting and performance reporting
- Understanding of the construction market, methods of construction, plant, equipment and labour requirements
- Relevant CSCS Card
The following experiences are desirable:
A degree, in a relevant subject such engineering, project management, accounting or similar equivalent is desirable,
Experience in using financial systems such Oracle R12 & Pègase
Our industry knowledge ensures a unique, valued and specialist service. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism.
For Further Information on Hup Consulting visit www.huphuphup.com