Job title: Associate/ Associate Director – Highways
Reporting to the Technical Director the Associate/ Associate Director will hold key management lead role on a range of Highways projects. The successful post holder will be responsible for the management and delivery of technical outputs of projects or service areas to the meet the client’s brief. Work includes feasibility through to the construction for numerous highway schemes for a variety of clients. The role requires both management and technical leadership.
- Experience of leading design teams and managing resources effectively.
- Extensive experience of leading civil engineering, or multi-discipline, projects with a client facing role. Works may include, but not limited to; scheme investigation, site inspections, data collection and analysis, feasibility studies, preliminary and detailed design, preparation of tender documents and works/construction inspection and supervision.
- Chairing client and consultation project meetings.
- Prepare, check and approve technical reports, fee proposals, bids, budgets, resource levels and all associated HSE, CDM and QA aspects in accordance with the company business management system and BMS procedures.
- Business development through consolidating existing client relationships and seeking out new business.
- Takes responsibility for ensuring all projects are completed in a timely and cost-effective way.
- Providing technical guidance to others as necessary.
- Reporting as necessary on projects and progress.
- Working with both public and private sector clients on projects.
- Mentoring Engineers.
- Prepare, review and approve technical designs and specifications in accordance with approved design procedures set out in the DMRB as well as local authority standards.
- Prepare / check and approve cost estimates and Bill of Quantities (SHW Vol 4).
The above provides an outline of the role and responsibilities required at present. This is not a comprehensive list and other tasks will be required as the role progresses.
- MEng (Hons) / BEng (Hons) / BSc (Hons) / HND - Civil Engineering (or equivalent)
- Professional membership (CEng with MICE / MIHT); candidate must have demonstrable “live” CPD / DAP.
- Min of 15 years’ experience.
- Previous highways design experience at an associate level.
- Working on Highway and transportation projects including horizontal and vertical design of highways and roundabouts and urban junctions using DMRB suite of documents.
- Experience in the creation of detailed design drawings and specifications for tender and construction purposes.
- Experience of the main management and financial systems & processes used within a similar business.
- Ability to oversee or undertake pavement and drainage design to current DMRB standard
- Awareness of Traffic Signs Manual and TSRGD for leadership purposes.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on 07881788772 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our industry knowledge ensures a unique, valued and specialist service. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism.
For Further Information on Hup Consulting visit www.huphuphup.com