(PM74) Transport Technician / Planner
Transport Technician / Planner
Our client is seeking a Transport Planner to help with the expanding workload of their Midlands transport consultancy team (Leicester).
They offer a challenging and rewarding career, working for a leading transport consultancy with a strong presence in the Midlands. You will join a growing team delivering a variety of interesting projects in the private and public sectors.
This is a varied and challenging role, you will be working as part of a multi-disciplinary team with full support provided by an experienced team of transport consultants. Your work will initially include data analysis, junction modelling, road safety analysis, site visits and sustainable transport reviews, as well as preparing plans, drawings and report writing.
The role is available as a full-time or part-time role.
Professional growth and personal development is strongly encouraged. You will be encouraged to enrol on the Transport Planning Society’s Professional Development Scheme and would be assigned a personal mentor who will guide you through the process with a view to gaining a professional qualification.
We are looking for a keen, progressive and versatile individual with a genuine interest in transport consultancy. Ideally, you will have experience working in the industry, including:
• Knowledge of Transport Assessment methodologies
• Experience of producing Transport Assessments and Travel Plans
• Knowledge of core highway design principles relevant to development layout and site access design
• An ability to use AutoCAD and GIS software
• Experience of specialist transport planning software packages such as TRICS, Junctions 9 and LinSIG
• The ideal candidate is likely to have a degree in an analytical subject such as transport planning, engineering, mathematics, science, economics or geography.
Above all, we will be looking for someone with the following qualities:
• Drive to succeed and a willingness to get involved
• Excellent communication skills, confidence to liaise with clients and team members
• Methodical approach to problem solving and an excellent attention to detail
• Ability to produce clear, precise and coherent analysis, reports and drawings
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of a skilled multi-disciplinary team
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on 07881788772 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our industry knowledge ensures a unique, valued and specialist service. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism.
For Further Information on Hup Consulting visit www.huphuphup.com