S278 Civil Engineer
Our client is looking to recruit an experienced Highway / Civil Engineer (Birmingham Office) to take an active role in helping to deliver a varied range of schemes from small highway improvements to large residential and commercial developments.
For the right individual, this is an excellent opportunity to help develop a strategically important sector of the business. Opportunity to work on a variety of projects from small scale development up to larger scale projects ranging between 150 to 5000 residential units and supporting infrastructure.
The role will predominantly be undertaking preliminary and detailed design of highways, commercial, residential and public realm development including associated infrastructure and agreements, such as S278 and S38, ensuring designs are prepared in accordance with current legislation, best practice, council policies and to the highest technical standards.
The ideal candidate will have a degree in Civil Engineering (or other appropriate qualification) and will have gained considerable post graduate experience in the design of both commercial and residential developments including infrastructure, external works and drainage. They will be proficient in the use of AutoCAD and Civils3D for the design of horizontal / vertical alignment and earthworks and the production of MCHW series design information. They will also have:
Attractive benefits package that includes:
- Knowledge of national design standards and best practice (i.e. DMRB, Manual for Streets, NRSWA etc)
- Knowledge of adoption agreements for roads and drainage (including S278, S38 & S104)
- Experience of negotiations with highway and planning authorities to agree proposed designs
- The ability to produce technical reports
- Competitive salary
- 25 Days annual leave plus the ability to purchase additional days
- Flexible working arrangements
- Option to participate in the Company Share Ownership scheme
- Private healthcare
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Payment of professional subscription
- Membership of our group pension scheme
- Life Assurance
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on 07881788772 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our industry knowledge ensures a unique, valued and specialist service. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism.
For Further Information on Hup Consulting visit www.huphuphup.com