(PM79) S278 Civil Engineering – Associate
S278 Civil Engineering – Associate
Our Client is looking to recruit an experienced Associate level S278 Engineer to support the continuing success of their Birmingham office.
Helping to deliver a varied range of schemes from small highway improvements to large residential and commercial developments within one of the UK’s leading independent consultancies.
For the right individual, this is an excellent opportunity to help develop a strategically important sector of the business. Our client is currently engaged in a number of projects ranging from small scale development up to larger scale projects ranging between 150 to 5000 residential units and supporting infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will provide design expertise and support on a wide range of commercial and residential projects ensuring designs are prepared in accordance with current legislation, best practice, council policies and to the highest technical standards. With the necessary support, they will have the opportunity to run their own projects and grow and develop their team, providing technical mentoring to more junior team members.
The successful candidate will have a degree in Civil Engineering (or other appropriate qualification) and will have gained extensive in-depth experience in the design of both commercial and residential developments including infrastructure, external works and drainage and as well as expertise in negotiations with highway and planning authorities to agree proposed designs.
They will also have:
• Knowledge of national design standards and best practice (i.e. DMRB, Manual for Streets, NRSWA etc)
• Knowledge of adoption agreements for roads and drainage (including S278, S38 & S104)
• Knowledge of highway and drainage adoption processes and legal requirements for S278, S38 and S104.
• Comprehensive understanding and use of software packages including AutoCAD, Civils 3D and Micro Drainage.
• Strong communication and negotiation skills.
• Experience of meeting attendance to discuss issues with clients, architects, contractors, local authorities and other statutory bodies.
• Good time management and organisational skills with the ability to maintain good records.
• Experience of leading a team, managing resources and delivering projects on time and to a budget.
• Ability to build a team and mentor junior members of staff.
• Ability to establish new client relationships to help develop and grow the business.
• The ability to produce technical reports
• Experience of public realm design, traffic management and / or utilities infrastructure would be advantageous, as would site monitoring or supervision experience, the ability to produce and review fee proposals and bids, experience of the financial management and control of projects and working knowledge of different contract types and procurement options.
What you can expect:
• An attractive and modern working environment with good accessibility by all modes of transport
• The opportunity to progress quickly within the firm
• A wide range of challenging projects
• Ongoing support, training and mentoring from senior professionals within the business with a real commitment from senior management towards personal and professional development
• We also offer an attractive benefits package that includes:
• 25 Days annual leave plus the ability to purchase additional days
• Flexible working arrangements
• Option to participate in the Company Share Ownership scheme
• Private healthcare
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Payment of professional subscription
• Membership of our group pension scheme
• Life Assurance
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on 07881788772 or email@example.com
Our industry knowledge ensures a unique, valued and specialist service. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism.
For Further Information on Hup Consulting visit www.huphuphup.com