Senior/ Principal Drainage & Flood RiskJob Summary:
Senior or Principal Drainage and Flood Risk Engineer to join our clients civils design team in Reading.
This exciting opportunity will involve working with a friendly team of specialist design engineers to deliver Drainage Strategies and Flood Risk Assessments for private sector clients, commercial and housing developers and Local Authorities.
The ideal candidate will have a background in delivering SuDS, Drainage Strategies & Flood Risk Assessments as well as the production and co-ordination of foul and surface water drainage design and other civil engineering works within the water/environment industry.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual to help develop a strategically important sector of the business and the successful person will be key in building the business. Projects ranging from small scale development up to larger regeneration projects, one of which involves over 400,000 m3 of SuDS attenuation facilities.Person Specification
The candidate will ideally have:
- At least a higher education qualification in a relevant science discipline (however consideration would also be given to suitable candidates with relevant experience).
- Takes a practical approach to problem solving.
- Comprehensive experience in preparing and delivering outline and detailed Drainage Strategies and Flood Risk Assessments to support planning applications.
- A strong drainage capability (storm and foul) with a good understanding of drainage design and knowledge of Sewers for Adoption 7th Edition and The SuDS Manual (CIRIA C753).
- An understanding for what residential and commercial developers need and require
- A strong understanding of national planning policy and relevant legislation with regard to flood risk and drainage (such as NPPF, Flood and Water Management Act and Water Framework Directive) in addition to best practice in association with drainage, flood risk and the water environment.
- An understanding of hydraulic modelling techniques, Microdrainage, FEH, AutoCAD and GIS.
- An understanding of the Flood Risk Activity Permitting and Land Drainage Consent Process would be advantageous but not essential.
- Experience of meeting attendance and liaising with clients, architects, contractors, local authorities and other statutory bodies.
- Good report writing skills.
- Strong organisational, communication and time management skills.
- Chartered status or working towards Chartered status (ICE/CIWEM) would be an advantage.
Rewards and Benefits
- An attractive and modern working environment with good accessibility by all modes of transport;
- The opportunity to progress quickly within the firm;
- A wide range of challenging projects;
- Ongoing support, training and mentoring from senior professionals within the business; and
- assist you in obtaining your professional qualifications.
Attractive benefits package that includes:
- 25 Days annual leave plus the ability to purchase an additional 5 days leave;
- Flexible working arrangements;
- Private healthcare;
- Cycle to Work Scheme;
- Payment of professional subscription; and
- Membership of our group pension scheme.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on email@example.com or 07881788772.
Our industry knowledge ensures a unique, valued and specialist service. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism.
For Further Information on Hup Consulting visit www.huphuphup.com