Senior or Principal Transport Planner / Engineer – active travel
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior or Principal Transport Planner/Engineer (Bristol) to meet the growing portfolio of projects within one of the UK’s leading independent consultancies. Our client is a specialist design practice with an integrated approach to Transport, Placemaking and Engineering. Their holistic approach ensures both innovative and deliverable design solutions and supports their vision to create better places through good design.
The role will require working across a range of different projects although the focus will initially be on meeting our commitments on active travel and placemaking projects which are located across a wide spread of geographies.
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level or above and will have experience of delivering and project managing small to medium sized commissions with both public and private sector clients with only minimal supervision required. As a confident communicator verbally and in writing, they will be required to present and communicate their ideas clearly and concisely both internally and also to a wide range of external audiences.
Ideally, the applicant should be able to demonstrate a strong interest in active travel and placemaking and have evidence of planning and designing walking and cycling infrastructure at differing levels of granularity – although detailed design expertise is not required for this position.
You will also have:
- Expert or emerging knowledge of new cycle design standards
- Good knowledge of Healthy Streets / Streets for All /Streets for People design principles
- Experience of working with public interest groups and local elected members in some capacity
- Project Management experience of smaller commissions
- We are looking for a Strategic thinker who is able to apply design standards effectively, someone who is a team player but can operate largely without supervision (especially as this role is likely to be largely working from home until government restrictions are eased).
The following would also be desirable:
- Expertise in Network Planning techniques, particularly LCWIPs.
- Expertise in producing clear and unambiguous design proposals – mainly at concept stage
- Expertise in Low Traffic / Active Neighbourhoods
- Use of software programmes such as GIS / CAD and / or design packages such as ADOBE, Illustrator etc
- Knowledge of development planning
What you can expect:
- An attractive and modern working environment with good accessibility by all modes of transport
- The opportunity to progress quickly within the firm
- A wide range of challenging projects
- Ongoing support, training and mentoring from senior professionals within the business with a real commitment from senior management towards personal and professional development
We also offer an attractive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive salary
- 25 Days annual leave plus the ability to purchase additional days
- Flexible working arrangements
- Option to participate in the Company Share Ownership scheme
- Private healthcare
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Payment of professional subscription
- Membership of our group pension scheme
- Life Assurance
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on 07881788772 or email@example.com
Our industry knowledge ensures a unique, valued and specialist service. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism.
For Further Information on Hup Consulting visit www.huphuphup.com