Senior or Principal Consultant - Economic Development
London, Leeds, Manchester
About the role
Our clients Economic Development Team has grown significantly over the last three years and started to establish themselves as a leading practice. Managing projects on behalf of the central government departments and agencies, Combined Authorities, Local Enterprise Partnerships, cross-sector partnerships, universities, and private sector.
With ambitious plans for further growth they are now looking for two experienced and driven people to develop senior level roles within the fast-growing consultancy.
They are seeking experienced economic development professionals with a range of relevant technical skills and the ability to manage challenging projects.
- Principal and Senior Consultants (positions offered will depend on candidates’ experience and skills)
- Manage and deliver projects (to time, cost, and required quality) as a Project Manager;
- Deliver high quality quantitative and qualitative consultancy and analysis, and produce high quality written reports;
- Manage multi-disciplinary teams and support the development of junior team members;
- Lead and/or contribute to the submission of proposals to support work-winning; and
- Maintain and develop client relationships and develop contact network to help build our client base and strengthen the team.
Requirements for this role
- Passionate and informed about the role of economic development in developing and growing sectors, markets and places;
- Experience in a commercial consultancy environment, including demonstrable project management experience, and the ability to deliver high-quality outputs on time, on budget;
- Highly motivated and commercially-minded, with an appetite to grow the business;
- A team player with strong commitment to supporting the development of junior staff, and sharing knowledge upwards as well as downwards;
- A commitment to broadening and deepening personal skills-sets as part of Continued Professional Development, and to respond to changing client needs;
- Strong numeric and analytical skills;
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills including experience of communicating effectively and convincingly with clients; and
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent (2:1 or equivalent, or higher).
- Experience and knowledge of HM Treasury’s Green and Magenta Books, and appraisal and evaluation guidance from relevant UK Departments of State
- Hold an MSc/MA/MBA in a relevant discipline;
- Have skills in data manipulation and analysis across a range of software packages (e.g. MS Excel, Access, SPSS etc.);
- Have a good understanding and experience of using national datasets relating to the economy (including enterprise, skills, innovation, competitiveness, and trade/investment); and Line management experience.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on 07881788772 or email@example.com
Our industry knowledge ensures a unique, valued and specialist service. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism.
For Further Information on Hup Consulting visit www.huphuphup.com