(PM90) Senior Development Planner - Transport
Senior Transport Planner
We have an opportunity for a Senior Transport Planner to join an exceptional Transport Planning Team, engaged in all aspects of traffic and transportation planning including transport assessments for new developments, master planning, urban regeneration and sustainable transport projects. This includes projects for a broad range of clients including Public Sector organisations and private sector clients.
Your role will include:
Providing transport inputs relating to clients’ development proposals and will work towards solutions which are acceptable to all stakeholders (including Architects and Town Planners). The ability to articulate and communicate planning ideas, concepts and proposals is essential.
Working as part of a highly motivated and commercially focussed team which has an expanding workload, you will encounter a diverse range of projects, and be required to undertake a variety of tasks in order that project delivery deadlines are met. You will develop your skills in:
• Planning-stage support for a variety of development schemes.
• Writing technical assessment documents for planning submissions.
• Technical assessment of junction performance using a range of traffic modelling software.
• Travel Plans and sustainability assessments.
• Project meetings and site visits.
• Assistance to senior staff in preparing evidence for planning appeals/public inquiries.
• General arrangement design of new junctions and accesses onto the road network.
• Attending public consultation events.
• Meetings with clients and approving authorities.
The attributes we expect you to bring to the role and company:
• Someone who enjoys and thrives in finding solutions to complex problems with some level of experience of work winning with an appetite to expand this area of their career.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team, able to immerse themselves into complex individual tasks, capable of working autonomously and to deadlines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a client-focussed approach to work.
• Experience of writing Transport Assessments/Statements and Travel Plan Reports is essential as is the ability to deliver Transport Planning solutions.
• Experience of managing junior staff and successfully manage a variety of projects.
• Strong working knowledge of TRICS, TEMPRO, Junctions9 (ARCADY/PICADY) and preferably LinSig3.
• Traffic modelling experience (trip generation and distribution methodologies) and of developing spreadsheet models with a keen eye for detail.
• Understanding and experience of working in the Planning Regulatory framework, application of current highway design guidance and application of the relevant planning circulars and development control policies.
• Experience of data analysis, interpretation and presentation, in particular using Excel.
• Understanding and experience of the operation of management systems for quality, financial and project control.
• Degree qualified and ideally a Chartered Member of a relevant professional body.
• Some CAD design skills (particularly in relation to general arrangement junction or car park design) would be advantageous, but are not essential.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on 07881788772 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our industry knowledge ensures a unique, valued and specialist service. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism.
For Further Information on Hup Consulting visit www.huphuphup.com