Principal Engineer - Development & Infrastructure
Birmingham, Manchester or London
Our client is currently growing their high performing Development & Infrastructure Engineering Consultancy team with the addition of an experienced Engineer that could be based in either Newcastle, Birmingham, Manchester or London offices. This is a great opportunity to join a busy and successful team working cross-functionally and in collaboration with wider teams across traffic engineering and planning development, including extensive community engagement.
The successful candidate will join a growing and vibrant team providing strong technical guidance whilst contributing to work-winning with both existing and new clients.
- Preparation of preliminary through to detailed design for road and drainage infrastructure
- Obtaining statutory approvals
- Contract preparation and procurement
- Provide design support to construction phases
- Clearly specify information requirements to both Clients, Professional Partners and other Team members, provide prompt responses and work with Clients to understand objectives and outcomes of Projects.
- Support the development of junior team members where appropriate.
- Ensure the effectiveness of our solution in meeting the client’s evaluation criteria
- Ensure successful project delivery to time, cost, quality and other contractual requirements
- Contribute to work winning and deliver projects safely in accordance with the divisional controls for bidding and revenue and margin delivery on projects.
- Degree in Civil Engineering – BEng
- Working towards Membership of Institution of Civil Engineers or Chartered Institution of Highways & Transportation.
- Strong technical knowledge, including use of industry standard road and/or drainage design software and sound knowledge of current design standards
- A positive and enthusiastic approach
- Ability to form constructive, lasting relationships with clients and professional partners
- Ability to develop and sell innovative solutions for clients
- Ability to work as part of an experienced team of professionals
- High standards of written and oral communication
- Good appreciation of project management
- A proactive approach to seeking and sharing knowledge
- A commitment to mentoring colleague