POSITION: Senior or Principal Geotechnical Engineer
LOCATION: Edinburgh, Scotland and Glasgow, Scotland
Society is in your hands, what are you waiting for?
Our client is currently looking for a talented and motivated Principal Geotechnical Engineer to join their Ground Engineering team. This role could be based within either our Edinburgh or Glasgow office with flexible and hybrid working arrangements available (typical minimum 2-3 days working from office). This role could be either a Senior Engineer or Principal Engineer level role depending on your skills and experience.What does the role involve?
In this role, you’ll be an active member of the Ground Engineering team helping to deliver a diverse portfolio of projects across the UK for a range of market sectors including highways, water, energy, rail and development. The Ground Engineering team provide a wide range of geotechnical design services across all project stages including feasibility studies, ground investigations, geotechnical interpretation, preliminary and detailed design, and construction supervision for geotechnical works.
You will be joining a very experienced and enthusiastic team that have recently supported the British Antarctic Survey’s £100M Antarctic Infrastructure Modernisation Programme and delivered the detailed geotechnical design for prominent projects such as the £790m Queensferry Crossing, Stockholm Metro Extension, M27 SMART Motorway and Richborough convertor station for Project Nemo’s 1000MW electrical interconnector with Belgium.To be successful in this role, you'll have:
In terms of qualifications you’ll have:
- Proven track record of working in geotechnical consultancy in the UK
- Relevant experience, knowledge and skills of geotechnical engineering principals and practice including experience of planning and supervising ground investigations, undertaking geotechnical reporting, completing geotechnical design analysis and reports, and preparation of contract drawings, specifications and schedules in compliance with UK standards.
- Strong analytical skills and experience of earthworks and structures detailed design analysis and specification of engineering solutions
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and manage and mentor junior colleagues
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure that timescales and budgets are met
- Good problem solving/contingency planning skills with ability to find quick, innovative and practical engineering solutions
- Responsibility for your own personal development and be able to support the learning of others
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships with colleagues, clients and contractors in a multi-disciplinary project environment therefore the ability to communicate in a fluent and positive manner and produce reports in clear English is essential.
- Be familiar with relevant software packages such as MS Office, AutoCAD and relevant geotechnical data management and analysis software.
- A clean driving license and be willing to travel to sites and offices within the UK when required
- Financial control, project management and contract management skills would be advantageous
What’s in it for you?
- BEng/MEng in Civil Engineering or BSc/MSc in Engineering Geology or Earth Science
- MSc in Geotechnical Engineering or a related applicable field is desirable.
- Chartered Engineer (IEng/CEng) or Geologist (CGeol) status is desirable
You’ll be working for a top ten civil engineering firm (recognised by New Civil Engineer, (NCE). The opportunity to work on exciting, large-scale civil engineering projects across a number of industry sectors. You’ll experience a varied work load with the ability to gain experience across all aspects of geotechnical engineering design. You will be supported in your development goals with training and mentoring, and active support and encouragement to achieve professional chartership. You’ll experience an inclusive, friendly and flexible working environment where colleagues are encouraged to grow and develop. A meaningful job where you’ll help to transform society by being a trusted consultant to our clients.
If you believe you have the skill set required, are keen to join a business with genuine opportunities for career progression, then we’d love to hear from you.Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
It’s important to our client that that all their colleagues thrive at work - they strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects the contribution individuals can bring. They aim to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
They positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity.
They have signed the Armed Forces Covenant to ensure those who serve or have served, and their families, are treated fairly. They are also proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer, and will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on 07881788772 or email@example.com
Our industry knowledge ensures a unique, valued and specialist service. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism.
For Further Information on Hup Consulting visit www.huphuphup.com