POSITION: Local Authority Team Leader – (Waste Resource Management)
Our Client is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide.
They need the very best people to maintain their position as a market leader. They are seeking an experienced Local Authority Specialist to join their team. Job Description
The increasing success and reputation in waste and resource management services means that they are seeking to recruit a Principal Consultant or Associate grade to further enhance their growing and diverse team. They need a dynamic team leader to grow their Local Authority consultancy services including street cleansing reviews and improvement plans, plus extensive support in waste, recycling, grounds maintenance and other environmental services.
The successful candidate must have excellent technical abilities and knowledge of best practice in municipal waste resource management at a National level. You must also have a thorough understanding of waste collection in the Local Authority sector in England from both an operational and strategic context. It is essential that you have a good level of understanding of the key drivers and legislation relating to the safe and legal operation of waste collection operations pertaining to Local Authorities in England.
The role and responsibilities will be flexible and dependent on the experience, but could be expected to include the following:-
- A full working knowledge and skills in analysing waste data and information through publicly available sources to enable benchmarking and comparisons and for reporting purposes;
- The ability to construct waste models using Excel to accurately support options appraisal for waste collection service options and (re) design. modelling is required in this role and will include waste flows (materials and tonnages); operational data (vehicles/crews); and financial implications so as to provide accurate assessment of environmental and economic performance for each option being considered; and The ability to be able to transfer the results from desktop research and modelling, data and information obtained from the client and elsewhere into sound and robust technical reports fit for purpose for submission and or presentation to the client.
They are looking for someone who is an effective project manager and has an understanding of the skills and processes used to achieve successful project management and thereby deliver desired outcomes resulting in customer satisfaction with experience of working in waste management and preferably this should have been in a waste collections authority environment either as an advisor or provider to a local authority, or as a local authority officer. For this role you must have a Full clean UK driving licence.
- Manages own time to ensure that work is completed to deadlines and is of good quality;
- Maintains good communication with colleagues and external team members;
- Verbal and written communication is professional, recorded and shared with team members and filed correctly for all to access;
- Uses sense, effort and innovation to ensure that the task is completed most efficiently;
- Seeks to understand and assist with the needs of all team projects and deliverables;
- Ability to mentor and develop junior members of staff;
- Maintains a good attitude towards health and safety; and
- Seeks to improve professional skills through continuing professional development.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on 07881788772 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our industry knowledge ensures a unique, valued and specialist service. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism.
For Further Information on Hup Consulting visit www.huphuphup.com