(PM211) Ecologist/ Senior Ecologist
Job Title: Ecologist/ Senior Ecologist
Our client is seeking an experienced ecologist to join their vibrant team based in our Bristol office.
A mid-sized (30+) Ecology Consultancy, privately owned consultancy with an excellent reputation. Working for a wide variety of clients across the south of England and into Wales. Big enough to work on major projects (1000+ unit residential schemes, 1000-acre renewables sites, national utilities contract etc.) yet small enough to feel like you are part of a close-knit team and not a small cog in a huge international organization. They are a company that puts its staff first, creating a fun non-corporate atmosphere where a love of wildlife is shared across a team of like-minded people and where work life balance is practised not just preached.
This role will vary depending on your level of experience but we require another ecologist capable of conducting surveys, writing reports and managing projects.
The individual we are seeking will have been working in the ecological consultancy sector for a minimum of three years. We are seeking a bright and enthusiastic individual who will bring positivity and passion to our team.
Essential skills and experience
· At least 2 years consultancy experience (not just ECoW but writing reports and project management)
· Excellent communication skills including report writing and client liaison
· Thorough knowledge of wildlife legislation and the planning system leading to confidence in providing technical advice to clients.
· Full range of survey skills including habitat surveys and protected species surveys
· Experience with using the BNG metrics
· Be a member of CIEEM
· Attention to detail and the ability to deliver contracts on time and to budget
· A client-focused approach where the commercial element of each project can be understood and appreciated.
· The ability to work in a team or for longer periods of time alone
· Flexible approach to working hours to accommodate seasonality and survey time constraints.
· Full driving license
Desirable skills and experience
· A bat licence (Class 1 or 2)
· A full membership with CIEEM
· Experience of writing ES chapters and or HRA’s
· Experience of writing EPSL applications, preferably held in your name
· QGIS skills
Salary and benefits
· A salary to match your grade and experience
· A fun and friendly non-corporate working environment
· Considerable CPD opportunities and mentoring
· Paid leave to volunteer for a charity
· Company socials
· Your birthday off work
· Contributory pension scheme
· All TOIL given back across the year
· Flexible home working options and hours of work
· Increasing annual leave with length of service
· Additional leave can be bought
· Paid professional membership
· Cycle to work scheme
They are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. Full equality & diversity policy available on request.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on 07881788772 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our industry knowledge ensures a unique, valued and specialist service. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. For Further Information on Hup Consulting visit www.huphuphup