(PM216) Bat Ecologist
Job Title: Bat Ecologist
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Ecologist with a bat specialism to join an established but fast-growing consultancy in Bristol!
Whilst they are keen to attract an ecologist with a bat specialism they also require this individual to have other more generalist skills that would allow them to be able to contribute to other types of surveys, be confident at manging projects and writing EcIA’s and other reports.
A mid-sized, privately owned consultancy with an excellent reputation. With offices in Exeter and Bristol they work for a wide variety of clients across the south of England and into Wales. Big enough to work on interesting major projects (1000+ unit residential schemes, NSIP renewable energy projects, national utilities contract) yet small enough to feel like you’re part of a close knit team and not a small cog in a huge international organization. They are a company that puts its staff first, creating a fun non-corporate atmosphere where a love of wildlife is shared across a team of like-minded people.
Essential skills and experience
• At least four years consultancy experience (not just ECoW or surveys but writing reports and project management)
• Excellent communication skills including report writing and client liaison
• Thorough knowledge of wildlife legislation and the planning system leading to confidence in providing technical advice to clients.
• Minimum Class 2 Bat licence
• Full range of survey skills including habitats and protected species surveys
• Be a member of CIEEM
• Attention to detail and the ability to deliver contracts on time and to budget
• A client-focused approach where the commercial element of each project can be understood and appreciated
• The ability to work in a team or for longer periods of time alone
• Flexible approach to working hours to accommodate seasonality and survey time constraints.
• Full driving license
Desirable skills and experience
• Experience with using the DEFRA BNG metrics
• A full membership with CIEEM
• Experience of writing ES chapters and or HRA’s
• Experience of writing Bat EPSL applications, preferably held in your name
• QGIS skills
Salary and benefits
• A salary to match your grade and experience
• A fun and friendly non-corporate working environment
• Plenty of CPD opportunities
• Paid leave to volunteer for a charity
• Company socials
• Your birthday off work
• Contributory pension scheme
• All TOIL given back across the year
• Sensible/not high amount of bat surveys expected!
• Flexible home working options and hours of work
• Increasing annual leave with length of service
• Additional leave can be bought
• Paid professional membership
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on 07881788772 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our industry knowledge ensures a unique, valued and specialist service. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. For Further Information on Hup Consulting visit www.huphuphup.com