Job title: Principal/ Associate - Highways EngineerLocation: London
Join a professional team of project managers, engineers and quantity surveyors working across London and the south of England.
Our client has recently secured several new high-profile and long-term contracts with local authorities and are looking to expand their Highways and Infrastructure department. You will be working alongside a diverse and highly experienced team on some of London’s most prestigious, award winning and sensitive projects. Their clients include many of the central London boroughs and major transport authorities. They support the design and delivery of major public realm projects such as Camden’s West-End Project, Baker Street Two-Way, Bank on Safety, and many more. You will work alongside industry leading architectural and engineering firms as we partner to create the future shape of London.
You will be a personable, flexible and responsive individual with a passion for team working. You will be expected to not only support your project team, but also work to improve the company operations and work winning, acting as a brand ambassador in everything you do.
You will be trained by our subject experts to become a leader in your field. They focus on ensuring quality of service for their clients and hold close relationships with their fellow consultants and specialists who have come to trust we get things right first time. They provide full professional training support, targeting chartership and membership of the relevant body including financial and professional mentorship by one of their internal specialists.
- HND or degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Extensive experience of AutoCAD, Civils 3D, MicroDrainage, KeySign, KeyLine, Microsoft applications
- Technical knowledge and experience in the assessment and design of Highway and Highway Drainage engineering projects
- Familiarity and knowledge of pavement materials, design and detailing of road improvement schemes in accordance with DMRB
- Experienced in the application of design standards and current good practice in scheme design and development. This includes but is not limited to; DMRB, TSRGD, LCDS, MfS2, Traffic Signs Manual
- Knowledge of CDM regulations and its application in scheme delivery
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Local authority professional services framework experience
- SuDs design experience
- Construction site supervision
- Highway design experience
- Chartered or nearing chartered with a relevant professional institution
Our client has invested time and resource to create an environment where people develop professionally and personally. They continually review benefits offerings with their staff to ensure they are offering a range of options to suit everyone, appreciating individuals’ priorities are different. As a result, they offer all the standard benefits, along with a raft of wellbeing and family focused support and a discretionary bonus paid once a year.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on 07881788772 or email@example.com
Our industry knowledge ensures a unique, valued and specialist service.
We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism.