(PM223) Senior/Principal Ornithologist
Job Title: Senior/Principal Ornithologist
Location: Various locations across the UK
Our client is looking for an ecologist who has experience of projects across a diversity of sectors, with the confidence to liaise with clients & stakeholders and a desire to manage & mentor other members of the team. Project management and the ability to deliver multiple projects to high client expectations within fixed deadlines is an essential requirement of the role. Candidates keen to mentor junior staff are highly desirable, as well those who are proactive at collaborating, have good financial awareness and able efficiently review technical reports. A relevant degree or previous consultancy experience, full driving licence, membership of (or eligibility to join) CIEEM and a legal entitlement to work in the UK are essential for this role.
• All of our client’s teams are successfully working remotely and flexibly at present, and their IT systems enable them to work seamlessly, so your proximity to one of the offices is not a barrier to joining them.
• Given that all grades of ecologist complete site visits and meetings, they provide cars or car allowances to every member of the team, including for personal use.
• Whilst your technical skills are vital, they also want to encourage the development of well-rounded consultants who can talk about all stages of a project rather than just a niche area.
• Our client’s bat handling licence incentivisation scheme thanks those ecologists who spend time and effort in achieving their licence - they know it's not easy! And to show their support of personal development, they award a significant financial bonus to anyone achieving Chartered Environmentalist/Ecologist status through CIEEM.
• They also have an established TOIL system which allows ecologists to manage their time to suit their specific personal needs, alongside the seasonal demands of the role.
• They work closely with many other teams, including their own Planners, Archaeologists, Landscape Architects, Masterplanners and Engineers. With a culture of openness, there is always someone within the business who can provide advice and support for almost any query.
• If the timing’s not quite right for you, please do still get in touch as we will always consider deferring your start date for the right candidate.
Our client offers a competitive salary, contributory pension, health cover and a range of flexible benefits including retail vouchers, travel insurance and variable holiday (renewable annually). They promote flexible working and are open to discussing the possibility of reduced hours, remote working, flexible start and finish times, compressed hours or potential job share’s.
They are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy / maternity.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on 07881788772 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our industry knowledge ensures a unique, valued and specialist service. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism.
For Further Information on Hup Consulting visit www.huphuphup.com