Job Title: Principal / Associate – Geotechnical Engineer
Location: Nottingham, Bristol
Our client currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional to join their team, based in either Nottingham or Bristol. You will provide leadership for junior members of the Geotechnical Team and lead on the delivery of Geotechnical projects.
This position is ideal for someone with extensive skills and knowledge in geotechnical engineering and ideally is a Chartered Engineer (CEng) or Chartered Geologist (CGeol) or nearing Chartered status. "One team” culture is at the heart of our clients business and provides a collaborative and supportive environment for continuous professional and personal development. They also offer a structured career framework, with regular career reviews, with many opportunities for progression.
You will be an integral part of the Geotechnical Team, with demonstrable experience working on a range of geotechnical problems including assessment of foundations for structures, stability analysis of natural and man-made slopes, managing complex site investigations and interpreting soil and rock data for a wide variety of projects. You will be communicating your knowledge with their clients, colleagues and the wider industry through written reports and orally at meetings and presentations. As such these skills are vital for any successful candidate.
About the role:
You will be responsible for directing and managing project-focused geotechnical teams in the UK and mentoring junior colleagues and you should be comfortable working both as part of a team and independently. As well as a key role in delivering geotechnical input on projects, you will also support work winning and business development.
With support from senior colleagues, duties and responsibilities will include:
- Acting as Project Geotechnical Manager for a wide variety of engineering and multi-disciplinary environmental projects, including planning, procurement and delivery of ground investigations.
- Undertaking geotechnical analysis including limit equilibrium, stress deformation and foundation analysis.
- Interpretative reporting and input into design development of engineering solutions.
- Allocating and managing the workload of junior colleagues within the team.
- Mentoring and coaching junior colleagues.
- Scoping, costing and writing fee proposals
- Managing Client relationships
Whilst some projects will be based in the local area, you will also work on projects throughout the UK and overseas. As such you should also have the willingness and flexibility to travel to project locations within the UK and internationally.
If you are interested in applying, we would love to hear from you. We'd envisage that you would be able to demonstrate the following:
- A relevant first degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering, Geology or any related Earth Science. A relevant MSc would be an advantage.
- Demonstrable experience managing, mentoring and leading geotechnical project teams, ideally in a consultancy-type environment.
- Ability to manage technical, commercial and financial performance at project level coupled with an ability to mentor junior colleague.
- Commitment and effectiveness in the management of health and safety
- Good oral and written communication skills including experience in technical report writing and project correspondence
- Experience and expertise, particularly in the areas of site investigation, soil mechanics and geotechnical engineering and their application in practice
- Familiarity with geotechnical software packages including HoleBase / OpenGround, GeoStudio, Plaxis and Rocscience
- Chartered or near chartered Member of a relevant professional institution
- Experience in building and sustaining good working relationships with new and/or existing Clients
- Ability to take initiative, a commitment to technical excellence and the drive to achieve long-term success for yourself and colleagues
Applicants must have a full current driving licence, valid in the UK.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on 07881788772 or email@example.com
Our industry knowledge ensures a unique, valued and specialist service. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism.
For Further Information on Hup Consulting visit www.huphuphup.com