Job Title: Ecologist/ Senior EcologistLocation: Derby
Are you an experienced ecologist looking for the next step up in your career? Are you looking to increase your exposure to complex and rewarding projects? Do you want to join an established consultancy practice who pride themselves in offering a great place to work? If so, we would love to hear from you.
Our Client is seeking an enthusiastic Ecologist to join their busy ecology department in Derby. Their Environment and Design Ltd is one of the UK’s leading integrated design practices working extensively throughout the UK. Over the last 60 years the practice has developed a valuable mix of multi-disciplinary expertise in masterplanning, environmental assessment, urban design, landscape, ecology, architecture, arboriculture and green infrastructure. Working together, we have implemented many award-winning schemes in environmentally sensitive locations.
Could you be one of a number of experienced, talented and energetic professionals able to help continue the development of the ecology department. The positions provide the right candidates with an ideal opportunity to be a part of a motivated team who offer technical advice to a diverse range of clients covering projects across all aspects of ecological consulting.
- Degree level or equivalent academic qualification in Ecology or related field;
- Full Membership of Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM) or other similar;
- A minimum of 2-years project management experience with excellent client liaison skills.
- Good knowledge of best practice survey techniques, relevant wildlife legislation and protected species licensing;
- An advanced knowledge of ecology and wildlife protection in the context of the UK planning system
- Experience of advising clients on Biodiversity Net Gain including production of Biodiversity Impact Assessments (BIA) and use of the DEFRA metric;
- Demonstrable experience in complex report writing, inclusive but not limited to Preliminary Ecological Appraisal (PEA) reports, Ecological Impact Assessments (EcIA), Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA) documents, Species and Habitat Management Plans;
- A level of competency in Microsoft Office software and preferably (although not essential) some knowledge of GIS packages.
- Excellent communication skills; and
- A full, clean UK driving licence and access to vehicle.
What you can expect in return:
Employees really are the greatest asset, representing a wide range of skills and experience from across the field of UK ecology. Our client is proud to offer our staff at all levels the opportunity to pursue their individual interests as this helps us to facilitate shared learning across our practice.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on 07881788772 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our industry knowledge ensures a unique, valued and specialist service. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism.
For Further Information on Hup Consulting visit www.huphuphup.com