Job Title: Protected Species SpecialistLocation: Derby
Are you an experienced ecologist with skills in protected species licencing looking to work within a team on complex and rewarding projects? Do you enjoy the challenges of designing and delivering robust and appropriate mitigation, seeing projects through from conception to completion? Are you passionate about protecting and enhancing protected species and their habitats? If so, this role could be for you..
To be successful in the role you will need to demonstrate the following capabilities and experience:
- Degree level or equivalent academic qualification in Ecology or related field;
- Membership of Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM) or other similar.
- Specialist knowledge in protected species (ideally including bats and great crested newt) and a class licence for one or more protected species.
- Experience and understanding of the current European Protected Species Licencing (EPSL), Low Impact Class Licence (LICL) and District Level Licensing systems.
- A minimum of 3 years relevant ecological experience, with a well-developed report writing skills.
- Good knowledge of best practice survey techniques and relevant wildlife legislation.
- Comfortable providing Preliminary Ecological Appraisal and specific species reports;
- A-level of competency in Microsoft Office software and preferably (although not essential) some knowledge of GIS packages; and
- A full, clean UK driving licence and access to a vehicle.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on 07881788772 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our industry knowledge ensures a unique, valued and specialist service. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism.
For Further Information on Hup Consulting visit www.huphuphup.com