POSITION: Senior/ Principal EcologistLOCATION: Nottingham/ Birmingham
Our client is seeking for an experienced and enthusiastic ecologist to join a growing Ecology Team. You will work within our integrated ecology and planning team on a wide range of property-related developments across the UK.
The role will be working with our team of six ecologists from an office or home location. The role will be a good mix of office and ecology fieldwork which can necessitate working away from home overnight during the week. The role provides significant scope for developing contacts through a range of social and networking events and would suit someone wishing to build long-lasting relationships. To develop your professional career we have a healthy training budget to actively encourage technical and personal growth.
The role would particularly suit someone who is keen to develop a deep understanding of the property sector who would benefit from working alongside our planning and residential agents on projects from the early stage right through to construction and long-term management. The role would be of particular interest to someone keen to work alongside an ecological contracting team supporting the implementation of protected species mitigation post consent.
- Project Management – co-ordination of field surveys, managing project budgets, supporting liaison and consultations with statutory and non-statutory consultees
- Ecological field surveys and coordinating and mentoring junior members of staff and supporting improving in-field data collection techniques
- Undertaking assessment of the impacts of proposed developments (e.g. EIA and non-EIA, HRA), developing recommendations for the mitigation of ecological impacts and devising monitoring schemes
- Good understanding of Biodiversity Net Gain and the use of DEFRA metric
- Attending meetings with the internal team and clients.
- Supporting delivery of in-house training.
- General administrative / management tasks relating to project quality, environmental issues, and health and safety (including risk assessment), and marketing.
Capabilities & Qualifications
- Experience of working within a planning or environmental consultancy
- A relevant degree preferable full member of CIEEM
- An understanding of wildlife legislation and ecological impact assessment under the EIA regulations
- Knowledge of plant or animal groups with a specialism
- Excellent commercial and project management skills
- Ability to support coordination of a survey team of ecologists
- Full driving licence
Successful candidates with the required skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package. You can expect:
- To work in a friendly environment with excellent opportunities to learn about the property sector;
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance;
- Generous support package for professional development through both internal and external training;
- Generous car allowance;
- Payment of membership fees to relevant professional body;
- The opportunity to work with, and help in developing use of, new and exciting technologies in the field;
- To be encouraged to have your say on how the company aims are delivered;
- Contributions to a pension
- Flexible working including options for home working;
- Company-funded regular staff social events throughout the year.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on 07881788772 or email@example.com
Our industry knowledge ensures a unique, valued and specialist service. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism.
For Further Information on Hup Consulting visit www.huphuphup.com