Job Title: Senior Ecologist / Principal EcologistLocation: Oxfordshire/ Cheltenham (hybrid working)
Striving to employ the best and brightest and reward hard work and dedication. Proving technical excellence and an innovative, pragmatic, friendly service. This is demonstrated by being nominated for the 2021 CIEEM best small consultancy.
Ecologists are given autonomy to deliver projects themselves from quoting to invoicing in a nurturing environment. This role routinely involves conducting Preliminary Ecological Appraisals (habitat surveys and condition assessments), Biodiversity Impact Assessments, protected and priority species surveys, preparing quotations and tenders, Ecological Impact Assessment and further detailed assessments. It would be perfect for someone wanting to challenge themselves and develop well-rounded consultancy skills, albeit specialists are also welcome as we are happy for team members to carve a niche for themselves and put their mark on the place. The project-based nature of the work means the candidate must be willing to undertake travel and work away from home with some overnight stays, however, team members are able to achieve a work-life balance so have caps on the numbers of nights away or antisocial hours worked.
Working across the UK with the majority of projects across the Home Counties, South and Midlands.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Genuine and demonstrable enthusiasm for ecology and the environment;
- Experience of line managing or providing guidance to junior members of an ecology team;
- Survey licence for one or more protected species e.g. bats/ newts or a demonstrable specialist in other taxa (botany, inverts);
- Experience of habitat surveys (Phase 1 or NVC/UK Habitats) and/or protected species surveys;
- Experience of designing and implementing mitigation;
- Experience of providing technical review of ecological reports;
- Motivated to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Good communication skills with colleagues, clients and third parties;
- Full or chartered member of CIEEM (or eligible if not currently held); and
- Full driving licence and use of a car.
- Experience of sales/ business development, or willingness to learn;
- Experience of EcIA, BREEAM or biodiversity net gain
- Advanced skills in one or more specialist ecological area e.g. bats;
- Demonstrable enthusiasm/ skills in one or more specialist ecological area e.g. bats, newts, botany;
- Degree or equivalent in an ecology related discipline;
- Experience of using QGIS or ArcGIS (training provided if not);
- Have held European Protected Species Mitigation (EPSM) licences for protected species e.g. great crested newt or bats; and
- Hold specialist mitigation class licences such as Bat Low Impact Class licence or Badger class licence.
Provided to successful candidates:
- Apple computer and IPhone;
- Competitive salary;
- Professional memberships paid for;
- Unlimited in-house and external training budget
- Colleague nominated bonus scheme;
- Generous pension;
- Unlimited annual leave and flexible approach to work time, balancing a healthy work life balance.
- New perks added frequently, reflecting being part of an exciting and innovative young business.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on 07881788772 or email@example.com
Our industry knowledge ensures a unique, valued and specialist service. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. For Further Information on Hup Consulting visit www.huphuphup.com