Job title: Principal/ Associate Highways & Drainage Engineer Location: Bristol
Join our clients professional team of project managers, engineers and quantity surveyors working across Bristol and the south west of England.
Recently secured several new high-profile and long-term contracts with local authorities, plus an extensive pipeline of private sector development related projects and looking to expand the Highways and Infrastructure department. You will be working alongside a diverse and highly experienced team on some of prestigious, award winning and sensitive projects.
You will be a personable, flexible and responsive individual with a passion for team working. As a member of the team you will strive to deliver excellence in everything you do. You will be expected to not only support your project team, but also work to improve the company operations and work winning, acting as a brand ambassador in everything you do.
You will be trained by our subject experts to become a leader in your field. You will be expected contribute to developing the company's overall skillset and competencies through professional development and training. You'll be provided with full professional training support, targeting chartership and membership of the relevant body including financial and professional mentorship by an internal specialists.
- HND or degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Extensive experience of AutoCAD, Civils 3D, MicroDrainage, KeySign, KeyLine, Microsoft applications
- Technical knowledge and experience in the assessment and design of Highway and Highway Drainage engineering projects.
- Familiarity and knowledge of pavement materials, design and detailing of road improvement schemes in accordance with DMRB.
- Experience in S104, S106 packages. Section 278 and 38 for highways adoptions.
- Experienced in the application of design standards and current good practice in scheme design and development. This includes but is not limited to; DMRB, TSRGD, LCDS, MfS2, Traffic Signs Manual.
- Knowledge of CDM regulations and its application in scheme delivery.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- SuDs design experience
- Principal designer experience
- Highway design experience
- Chartered or nearing chartered with a relevant professional institution
Our client has invested time and resource to create an environment where people develop professionally and personally. They continually review benefits offerings with staff to ensure they are offering a range of options to suit everyone, appreciating individuals’ priorities are different. As a result, they offer all the standard benefits, along with a raft of wellbeing and family focused support and a discretionary bonus paid once a year.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on 07881788772 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our industry knowledge ensures a unique, valued and specialist service. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism.
For Further Information on Hup Consulting visit www.huphuphup.com