Job title: Senior Transport PlannerLocation: London
Transport Planner wanted for variety of interesting projects
Our client thrives on challenges, their workload, ranges from small housing developments to new settlement plans, film production studios and helping transform traffic-dominated town centres. You would work on all aspects of transport planning from designing and improving places for walking and cycling, better public transport, and finding solutions for traffic concerns. They are also growing their capability in carbon-reduction and use of big data to inform decisions.
Projects are located across the UK and internationally (Ireland, Cyprus etc). They are able to help you grow your career in a holistic way, focusing on both softer and technical skills, and offer training in all work areas.
They are independent, employee-owned, pay a competitive salary with all the key ‘big company’ benefits, and have flexible working. They like to give staff responsibility and career progression is flexible and focused on what you can and want to achieve.
- Helping develop multi-modal access strategies and designs for all kinds of projects and solving transport related problems to unlock
- Project managing all types of transport planning projects
- Working with colleagues, clients and other design team members to deliver robust and functional transport design that considers placemaking and wider value.
- Undertaking site visits, corridor/area walking and cycling assessments, participation in public consultations
- Preparing technical notes and reports, Transport Assessments, Travel Plans, Delivery and Service Plans and other assessments
- Undertaking capacity or other technical analysis such as PICADY, ARCADY, LINSIG, VISSIM
- Interrogating designs through swept path analysis and application of design standards
- Initial concept / feasibility studies for large masterplan sites
- Delivering the transport elements of complex planning applications through to supporting detailed design and access strategies being delivered on site
Experience and skills required:
- This role would suit a graduate or masters graduate with strong work experience in our field.
- 2-5 years transport planning experience, preferably in the development planning or development control work area, but other transport-related experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of the planning system and transport-related matters, including Transport Assessments, Travel Plans, and Environmental Statements.
- Design experience relating to transport planning, including all elements of design principles, standards and guidance.
- An understanding of capacity studies, preferably with the experience of use in PICADY, ARCADY software and other modelling tools.
- Experience of using AutoCAD and other associated Autodesk design software (such as AutoTrack) desirable.
- Experience of preparing robust, visually engaging supporting material using QGIS or similar mapping/illustration software (sketches, drawings).
- Good writing and numeracy skills.
- Interpersonal skills required to collaborate with clients and the wider team.
- Accuracy and attention to detail with ability to work within the deadlines.
- Experience in development-related projects – desirable
- Holiday entitlement of 25 days excluding Bank Holidays
- Payment of one professional subscription
- Discretionary performance related bonus
- Hybrid working – currently minimum 2 days in the office in central London
- Private medical insurance
- Salary sacrifice scheme and season ticket loan/cycle scheme
- Company pension scheme (company matches contribution up to 6%)
- Social and Sports Club with monthly outings/events
- Continuing professional development and training, with a particular focus on our younger generation of planners
- Bereavement leave
- Company events
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
- Transport links
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on 07881788772 or email@example.com
For Further Information on Hup Consulting visit www.huphuphup.com