Associate/ Associate Director Highways
Our clients Highways team is seeking a professional engineer with extensive post qualification experience in the design of Highway schemes to work in their London office. The team is growing and offers excellent opportunities for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will lead a dedicated team undertaking preliminary and detailed designs for major national Highway schemes and local authority transport improvements, both in the UK and overseas.
The candidate will be involved in the project management and technical delivery of highway schemes from inception through to handover of the completed scheme to the client. This role will primarily be client facing and the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a track record of delivery of schemes in either the local or national transport arena.
The role is likely to include:
- Managing projects to ensure coordination of multi-disciplinary inputs.
- Managing resources effectively and efficiently to meet fluctuating work loads
- Working with Clients and design teams to deliver compliant designs on time and within budget meeting CDM, QA and technical review requirements.
- Lead the design process and encourage the rest of the team to deliver appropriate and cost-effective solutions to the agreed programme; support those less experienced by technical review, mentoring and advice.
- Participating in tender bids and business development opportunities as they arise.
You will be responsible for a team of Engineers, Graduates and Technicians, engaged on a variety of projects, including the provision of technical direction and support.
It is anticipated that you will be a Chartered Civil Engineer or an Incorporated Engineer with extensive post professional qualification experience.
It is expected that this experience will include the following:
- Project management and technical delivery lead of medium to high complexity Highway schemes, with detailed experience of Highways Agency procedures essential.
- Proven knowledge in design, maintenance and supervision of highways related projects. This should include new build, maintenance and assessment of roads infrastructure.
- Proven working knowledge of the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) and Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works (MCDHW) in relation to Highway projects.
- Experience or knowledge of Highway design packages such as MX/Civils3D and WinDes preferred, but not essential.
- Good communication, client handling and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Excellent IT skills including MSProject.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on 020 8690 9942 or 07881788772
Our industry knowledge ensures a unique, valued and specialist service. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism.
For Further Information on Hup Consulting visit www.huphuphup.com