This statement sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
This statement will be updated from time to time and the most current version will always be available on our site. What is the purpose of this statement?
This privacy statement describes how we collect and use personal information about you during and after your working relationship with us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as updated from time to time.
We will comply with data protection law. This says that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
Hup Consulting Limited (company number 11002880) ("Hup Consulting") is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and users of our website. We want to provide a safe and secure user experience. We will ensure that the information you submit to us via our website or through our office is only used for the purposes set out in this policy.Our legal basis for using your personal data
For prospective candidates, candidates and clients, we will only collect, store, use, process, transfer and disclose personal data in so far as it is necessary for our legitimate interests in that we need the information in order to assess suitability for potential roles, to find potential candidates and to contact clients.The Information We Collect and How We Use It
Hup Consulting may collect your personal details, including but not limited to your name and contact details (together with your e-mail address) and other relevant information from your CV. This information is held, used and disclosed by us as follows:
- to provide our services to you;
- to maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website, a client or candidate;
- to enable you to submit your CV for general applications, to apply for specific jobs or to subscribe to our job alerts.
- to match your details with job vacancies, to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you and to send your personal information to clients in order to apply for jobs;
- to answer your enquiries;
- to direct-market products and services, advise you of news and industry updates, events, promotions and competitions, reports and other information. Where we do so, you will be able to unsubscribe from such communications;
- to fulfil contractual obligations with our clients
- to third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems, research and mailing houses and function co-ordinators. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as Hup Consulting;
- if Hup Consulting or its business merges with or is acquired by another business or company, we may share personal information with the new owners of the business or company and their advisors and if this happens, you will be sent notice of such event;
- we may also release personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if they require us to do so. We will also disclose your information where we are permitted and requested to do so by law; and
- our website may also use a website recording service which can record mouse clicks, mouse movements, page scrolling and any text keyed into website forms. Data collected by this service is used to improve our website usability. The information collected is stored and is used for aggregated and statistical reporting, and is not shared with anybody else.
To subscribe to job alerts emails, you will be required to provide your e-mail address, which will be used for the purpose of keeping you informed, by e-mail, of the latest jobs in your nominated industry and/or will provide you with industry news. Should you decide that you no longer wish to receive this information, unsubscribe links are provided in every job alert email that you receive.Curriculum vitae ("CV")
We give you the option of submitting your CV via our website or by providing your CV to one of our consultants. You can do this either to apply for a specific advertised job or for consideration by our recruitment consultants for positions as they come up. Your CV will be stored in the Hup Consulting database and will be accessible by Hup Consulting recruitment consultants.
The submission of your CV will only be undertaken with your prior consent. CVs are typically sent via email or through a client’s online application system; the requirements of GDPR being reinforced through agreed and compliant Terms of Business.
You can update your CV at any time, simply by following the same procedure to submit a new CV. Your old CV will be archived providing the submission details remain the same (for example you submit both CVs using the same email address or you advise the relevant contact of your new submission).Aggregate Information about Hup Consulting online visitors
We gather information and statistics collectively about all visitors to our website, for example, which area users access most frequently and which services users access the most. We only use such data in the aggregate form. This information helps us determine what is most beneficial for our users and how we can continually improve our online services to create a better overall experience for our users. We may also undertake marketing profiling to help us identify services or jobs which may be of interest to you.How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data in accordance with the following data retention period:
Candidate personal data – 3 years since the last contact with you, where contact means addition of your personal data to our database, placement into a role or there is a record of verbal or written communication with you.
We will endeavour to permanently erase your personal data once it reaches the end of its retention period or where we receive a valid request from you to do so. However, some of your data may still exist within our systems. For our purposes, this data will be put beyond use, meaning that while it still exists on a system, it cannot be readily accessed by operational systems, processes or staff.Where is your personal data stored?
The security of data has, and always will be, taken extremely seriously. Our infrastructure is hosted by Amazon Web Services (AWS), which provides industry-leading security and has a long list of internationally recognized certifications and accreditations
All data is backed up at regular intervals and stored in two alternative locations within the EU at all times, as per AWS recommended guidelines. Security and performance tests are carried out at regular intervals to ensure the smooth running of the service.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access, misuse or loss.Your Rights
You have the right at any time to ask us for a copy of the information supplied by you that we hold. We may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request and will give you reasons for doing so. To make a request for information, please contact email@example.com
If you can demonstrate that personal information we hold about you is not correct, you can request that this information is updated or otherwise corrected.
As far as the company’s processing of your data is based on the company’s legitimate interest (and no other processing ground) or relates to direct marketing, you are entitled to object to the Company processing your data by reference to your particular situation.
You also have the right to ask Hup Consulting to stop using your information. However, if this involves a request for deletion of your file, please be aware that we may not be required or able to do so, particularly where your file also holds information about our clients or financial information that we need to keep for periods of up to six years, i.e. that relate to tax matters. Where we are unable to comply with your request we will provide reasons for failing to do so. To make a request that we stop using and/ or delete your file please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.Other websites
If, at any time, you have questions or concerns about Hup Consulting privacy commitment, please feel free to e-mail us at email@example.com or call your local office to speak to one of our representatives.Equal Opportunities
Hup Consulting is an equal opportunities employer and a company committed to diversity. This means that all job applicants and members of staff will receive equal treatment and that we will not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.
As part of our commitment to equal opportunities we may from time to time use information provided by you for the purposes of diversity monitoring. All such information will be used on an anonymised basis.Contact
If you have any enquires you can contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at: Romer House, 132 Lewisham High Street, London, SE13 6EE.