ITS Principal Consultant
Location: Liverpool, Manchester or Birmingham
Our clients Systems and Infrastructure vision is to apply global best practice in the promotion of innovative technology solutions and advice to fulfil transportation network needs. They provide systems consultancy, engineering and design services with the aim of improving performance of transportation networks through the application of technology.
The systems team provides strategy and systems design, specification and testing assurance and solution guidance to a range of internal and external clients.
The successful candidate will help to;
- Grow strategy, policy and technical consultancy services
- Expand client base whilst maintaining a number one position in existing markets
- Lead the way in the application of emerging and future technologies
This will include, but is not limited to, the following:
- The authoring of high quality technical reports, involving research, collection and analysis of data, review of options / scenarios and quantitative assessment to produce recommendations for our clients;
- The authoring of technical standards, contract specifications and contract schedules, requiring high quality writing skills and attention to detail;
- Assist in the interpretation of systems assurance related statutory and industry requirements, standards and practices.
- Assist in the development and deployment of appropriate technical methodologies to support both proposals and project delivery;
- Assist in the development of necessary tools, techniques and resources to meet the emerging requirements of our market sectors;
- Assist in the recruitment, line management, professional development and deployment of technical resources (including procedures for technical competence and staff assignment);
- Develop, capture and share the collective knowledge of our workforce;
- Promote training, professional development and career planning programmes;
- Support business development and client liaison to maintain pipeline consistent with budgetary goals;
- Assist in demonstration of compliance with and implementation of Company and business unit requirements in respect of quality, safety and environmental management.
- Provide technical leadership, advice and guidance in the field of ITS systems
- Assist in the satisfactory delivery of systems assurance services to clients through the whole product lifecycle using proven methodologies such as Systems Engineering, Agile, etc.
- Degree in a technical engineering or science related discipline, or extensive relevant experience.
- Awareness of System Engineering, telecommunications and system assurance principles
- Knowledge and experience of applying methodologies such as Systems Engineering, Agile, etc, and combining them for optimal solutions
- Strong client liaison skills, with the ability to work unsupervised and in teams
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in systems/engineering at a senior level
- A good understanding of electrical/electronic systems, telecommunications and software based systems.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following; systems architecture, TOGAF, ITIL, AGILE, LEAN, business analysis, CCTV, ONVIF, CAV, C-ITS, UTMC, SNMP, TCP/IP, Web Services, NMCS2, Highways England Site Data
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on 020 8690 9942or 07881788772
Our industry knowledge ensures a unique, valued and specialist service. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism.
For Further Information on Hup Consulting visit www.huphuphup.com