Our clients strategy and economics team is seeking to recruit an experienced transport planning professional with a range of relevant technical skills and the ability to manage challenging projects.
The role involves working with existing clients and developing relationships with new clients.
With a leading presence in the market for public sector transport strategy, transport appraisal and evaluation, and spatial economics, the successful candidate will work on projects for a range of clients including Central Government, emerging Sub-National Transport Bodies, Local Enterprise Partnerships, Local Transport Authorities, and think tanks/research bodies.Key accountabilities:The post-holder will be required to:
- contribute towards the submission of effective proposals in order to support work winning for the team;
- manage and deliver successful projects (time, cost, quality) as Project Manager;
- broaden and deepen their own skill set in order to improve marketability to our clients and as internal project resource;
- contribute to effective team performance;
- manage and supervise more junior members of the team;
- manage and drive their own career path and network; and
- develop and provide technical expertise.
- be passionate about the role of transport in supporting local, regional and national objectives;
- demonstrate intelligent understanding of the transport sector, the immediate market place and the key factors affecting it;
- be educated to degree level (2:1 or equivalent) from one of the following disciplines - Economics, Mathematics, Operational Research, Engineering, Transport Planning, Geography, or other numerical or transport-related subject;
- ideally, hold an MSc in a relevant discipline, but this is not essential;
- have demonstrable project management experience including the ability to deliver high quality, profitable work within project deadlines;
- have a deep working knowledge of HMT Green Book and DfT WebTAG business case requirements (and ideally knowledge of other, non-transport appraisal methods);
- have strong skills in data manipulation and analysis across a range of software packages (e.g. MS Excel, Stata, SPSS, R);
- have strong communications skills including:
For further information contact Peter on 020 8690 9942 or 07881788772