Principal Traffic EngineerMiddle East - Kuwait
Our client is seeking a Principal Traffic Engineer to lead and/or assisting in complex transport planning and traffic engineering projects. This includes the development of design solutions, supporting modelling activities and final reporting to obtain authority approvals for single and multi-disciplinary design projects.
- Strong understanding of transportation principles
- Develop and apply strategic models to forecast traffic at local or regional level, understanding software’s theories and limitations
- Study and evaluate the impact of different transportation schemes using strategic model
- Consider clients' expectations whilst simultaneously developing solutions that are commensurate of local authority design requirements
- Undertake and lead junction assessments tasks, including development and analysis of local and strategic road mitigation to improve network performance, and identify operational gaps in design
- Develop existing relations and build strong connections with government authorities to facilitate approvals / traffic related NO
- Provide training to the client teams on relevant transport softwares
- Support the successful delivery of projects in a timely and efficient manner
- BEng/BSc (Hon) or equivalent discipline with minimum 10 years post graduate relevant experience
- Beneficial: Masters degree in a Transport Planning related subject matter.
- Pragmatic and focused approach to the delivery of all tasks
- Ability to digest, comprehend and deliver on complex projects / proposals
- Strong focus on traffic engineering studies with contribution to milestone delivery reports.
- Solid command of English Language, both written and verbal.
- Solid communications skills for training delivery. Experience is beneficial as role will include provision of client training and report writing.
- Delivery of traffic impact assessments, development of mitigations, consideration of integration requirements considering all travel modes, parking design and report writing.
- Capabilities in strategic modelling (VISUM)
- Undertake and lead junction assessments tasks, including proficiency using junction analysis software such as Synchro / Sidra / HCS.
- Micro-simulation (VISSIM) modelling would be beneficial
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on 020 8690 9942 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our industry knowledge ensures a unique, valued and specialist service. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism.
For Further Information on Hup Consulting visit www.huphuphup.com