Job title: Bridge Engineer Location: LondonSalary: Competitive
Our Client works on a diverse range of fascinating projects that cover urban development, infrastructure planning and design, resource management, and programme delivery, and their Cities business group is at the forefront of innovation in the urban environment.
Within the group they have a team dedicated to working on some of the most interesting and exciting bridge design and construction projects in the world, including the Stratford Town Centre Link in London, a bridge over the Tiber in Rome, A highway bridge in Hafen City Hamburg and a six-lane flyover in the centre Riyadh
Working closely with architects the team develops masterplans, and both the conceptual design and detailed design of bridges, the team is recognised for its innovation and expertise in design and construction technology for light weight bridges.
They have a fantastic opportunity for a talented Bridge Engineer to join the London office to provide high level technical/design engineering service.
You must be able to demonstrate the ability to deliver to the agreed technical standards, and also act as Job Leader on projects as required.
Other skills/ exp includes:
- Relevant experience in innovative bridge design
- Demonstrate a commitment to CPD and self-learning/development
- Hand sketching
- Ability to mentor younger engineers
- Commercial/contractual experience
- Act as Job Leader
- Liaising and working with architects to capture their ideas
- Developing concept designs
- Lead Engineers and Technicians
- Lead and conduct design workshops
- Work competently on an independent basis
- Communicate directly with Clients
- Prepare and take responsibility for concept and preliminary engineering solutions for detail design
- Ensuring all relevant BH staff are informed of client matters.
- Continually ensuring that practices, policies, strategy and services represent the client’s best interests and that BH policy is in keeping with current legislation, Eurocodes and International Codes of Practice (e.g. AASHTO).
- Prepare technical and financial proposals for new work. Set up and manage job/project administrative systems, including planning and monitoring job resourcing/expenditure (adjusting these as necessary).
- Manage workload of Project Discipline Engineers and Technicians (including verification of quality)
- Prepare Technical Specifications
- Monitor financial performance of jobs
Chartered Engineer, MICE or IStructE or equivalent International qualification e.g. PE, SE
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 8690 9942
Our industry knowledge ensures a unique, valued and specialist service. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism.
For Further Information on Hup Consulting visit www.huphuphup.com