Job title: Rail Operations Leader Location: London, YorkSalary: Competitive
Our client is currently seeking a new Rail Operations Leader with experience in rail operational planning and strategic operational advisory, to lead and champion the growth of their Rail Operations team in the UK. Based in either London or York offices, you will be highly focussed on business development and client relationship management, utilising your own experience and the skills and experience of the team members around you in order to help grow the Rail Operations team in the UK and beyond.
Reporting to the Office Operations Director, this position will also work in conjunction with the client’s rail teams across the UK, the EME region, Australia, and North America, supporting our global transport team development.
Specifically, the role will include·
- Develop and lead the strategic vision and business plan for the growth of the Rail Operations team in the UK
- Develop and strengthen client relationships, winning new work in order to build team capacity and generate revenue relative to specific targets or objectives as set by the Operations Director
- Lead multiple projects through proposal preparation, project execution and delivery, and project closure to budget, time and quality requirements
- Provide technical input and support to a wider range of rail operations and rail infrastructure advisory projects and other similar projects, drawing on relevant experience in your areas of expertise
- Provide managerial and technical leadership to team members and in the development and delivery of a successful service to clients including recruitment, mentoring and coaching
- Review and implementation of operational procedures within the Rail Operations team to ensure compliance with applicable quality assurance requirements, policies and standards
COULD THIS BE YOU?
Our client takes great pride in our values, and our friendly and professional culture. Your technical ability will be a key element of the selection criteria, along with your ability to demonstrate the following: - At least 8 years’ of technical experience in the rail industry, with experience in strategic rail operations planning and performance modelling, as well as consultancy/advisory experience within public and private organisations.
Recognised professional qualification and/or membership with a relevant professional body - Excellent knowledge of the UK rail industry including governance structures as well as extensive network knowledge - Understanding and practical use of systems such as RailSys, TPS, VoyagePlan or other train planning and performance modelling tools
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on email@example.com or 020 8690 9942
Our industry knowledge ensures a unique, valued and specialist service. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism.
For Further Information on Hup Consulting visit www.huphuphup.com