Senior/ Principal Transport Planner
Our client is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment.
Their expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Wastewater.Main Purpose of the Job
The Transport Planning team in our clients Nottingham office is currently recruiting for a Senior/ Principal Transport Planner to support the delivery of the team workload. The team works on diverse Transport Planning projects for private and public sectors. As a result of current work and increased project wins, they are seeking a technically competent, motivated and credible person to assist in delivering projects.Main Duties and Responsibilities
Leading the technical delivery on assigned projects;
Contributing to technical delivery on major transport planning projects;
Strong analytical, critical thinking and organisational skills
Line management and mentoring of individuals within the section;
Carrying out own discipline technical and other work as required on assigned projects;
Technical quality of work from team (own discipline); and
Business development – promote the capabilities of the company to current and prospective clients.You will receive
- Competitive salary
- 25-Days Annual Leave and Buy, Sell & Carry-Over Policies.
- Life Assurance at 4x Base salary.
- Season Ticket Loans.
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits.
- Full Learning and Development programme.
- Suitable science or civil engineering degree
- Professionally qualified.
- Active Progression towards Chartership
- Five years’ experience in transport planning working on range of private sector projects
- Competent skills in trip generation, TRICs, trip distribution and preparation of Transport Statements, Transport Assessments, and Travel Plans
- Experience in preliminary junction design, design standards and the use of AutoCAD
- Experience in junction capacity modelling including Junctions 9 and LinSig
- Experience in design junction capacity improvements
- Experience contributing towards tender responses, bids, and fee proposals
- A good understanding of the planning and local plan process
- Experience in working within a professional team and negotiating with officers at local Highway Authorities
- Previous experience of Section 106 negotiations
- Previous experience of public transport strategies
- Previous involvement in the appeal/public inquiry process
- Previous involvement in micro-simulation/strategic traffic modelling
- Highly effective communication skills; verbal & written
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and organisational skills
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on 07881788772 or email@example.com
Our industry knowledge ensures a unique, valued and specialist service. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism.
For Further Information on Hup Consulting visit www.huphuphup.com