(PM89) Transport Planner
Our client is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. Expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Wastewater.
Main Purpose of the Job
Their Edinburgh office is seeking enthusiastic Transport Planners to join our growing team engaged in all aspects of transport planning, including Transport Assessments for new developments, masterplanning and urban regeneration projects and Travel Plans. They are looking for keen, outgoing and versatile individuals with a genuine interest in the Transport Planning profession.
You will be able to work on autonomously, managing workload and deliverables to meet a diverse project portfolio and the deadlines associated with these. As the role is home based a great deal of responsibility will be placed on the applicant to manage their own time and workload.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
• Assist in the preparation of Transport Assessments, Transport Feasibility Studies and Travel Plans.
• Prepare Autocad plans for indicative works and support other team members with CAD work;
• Ability to use GIS software would be a benefit;
• Focus on the preparation of figures for reports, swept path assessment, analysis of data, and drawings of transport improvements including junction designs.
• Expected to work with and prepare spreadsheets and write reports.
• An interest in developing client contacts and learning business development skills.
• Work as part of a growing team and required to carry out a variety of tasks so that report delivery deadlines are met.
• Will have the opportunity to become involved in a wide variety of exciting development projects and will be a critical part of a very busy commercially-focused team with an expanding workload.
• Required to liaise with other professionals including architects and town planners, and hence must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Willing to adopt a flexible approach to their role to provide support to colleagues as workload dictates, and willing to go the extra mile to ensure work is delivered correctly and accurately and on time which, on occasion, includes working outside of normal office hours.
• Will benefit from one-to-one training on a wide range of tasks that encompass transport planning.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on 07881788772 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our industry knowledge ensures a unique, valued and specialist service. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism.
For Further Information on Hup Consulting visit www.huphuphup.com