Associate Director (Transport Planning)
Buckinghamshire or London
Our Client is a leading design, engineering and landscape architecture consultancy that is passionate about designing places for the people that use them. They offer a range of services focused on providing the very best planning, design and engineering solutions. Their approach to integrated design produces award winning results that have won international recognition.
Led by a forward thinking management team, working together in multi-disciplinary teams that provide services that are well thought-out and sustainable.
They are seeking an Associate Director (Transport Planning) to join the Transportation team based in Buckinghamshire. With a growing pipeline of new clients and projects already secured, they are undergoing an exciting growth period. They are looking to expand the Transport Planning capability by recruiting a new Associate Director who will be responsible for technical delivery of a wide range of project types, winning work with local authorities and private clients, and managing and developing a talented team.
You will currently be in a similar role or have demonstrable experience looking for the next career move. You will use your experience and industry knowledge to develop the team, deliver award winning projects, assist in bidding, add value to the business. Developing a work winning strategy will be a key part of this role. You will also contribute towards the direction of the business.
A bit about the role
- Responsibility for the quality and profitability of transport planning projects.
- Producing quality bids and fee estimates for a wide range of project types, including private sector development support, policy & strategy development, ,master-planning, business cases and area-wide transport planning studies.
- Responsibility for sales targets, cash flow and work in progress for projects allocated and client accounts.
- To work closely and in partnership with other service leads to deliver a joined-up consultancy support service.
- To act as project director and/or project manager as required for a portfolio of projects.
- To line manage a team of transport planners and technical support staff.
- To provide exceptional liaison with our clients.
- To seek out business opportunities, through tender process and contacts
- To provide strategic direction/guidance on major projects
- To provide overall financial control on projects and maintain a high utilisation rate for self and teams.
- Degree or equivalent.
- Substantial experience of at least 10 years, some time spent in local authority is desirable
- Professional Membership TPS/Transport Planning Professional/CIHT
- Qualification in Programme/Project Management is desirable
- Detailed knowledge of Transport Planning and Development Control.
- Broad and deep professional experience in programme and project management
- Broad business knowledge and understanding
- Significant skills and experience in people management
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on 07881788772 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our industry knowledge ensures a unique, valued and specialist service. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism