Operating in 26 locations worldwide, with over 70 partners and 1,900 employees. Our client is an international practice of experts in all aspects of built environments, inspired by how to achieve better outcomes.
They are looking for a Senior Consultant Economist with a background in economic development to help the immediate team and wider business shape creative solutions to address the challenges facing cities around the world.
This Will Encompass:
- Actively supporting consulting technical solutions; ensuring the delivery of client outputs that adapts to their understanding, experience and needs.
- Undertaking project delivery work through field trips, phone and face to face interviews, desk research and team discussions.
- Working with a broad range of in-house disciplines – engineers, planners, GIS experts and architects
- Monitoring and managing the successful delivery of projects in this context and in terms of technical quality, timely delivery, financial performance and client satisfaction.
The Hiring Manager is looking for:
- An ability to provide consultancy advice including in relation to economic development strategy and vision, integrated urban development, and feasibility studies.
- Research and analytical experience of undertaking business case analysis and economic appraisals of policy and projects.
- Quantitative economic and financial modelling and analysis
- Develop business case to appraise financial viability of development and infrastructure projects
- Experience of working in both the UK and internationally supporting public and private sector clients
- Previous experience of developing economic development strategy for cities and regions is desirable, as well as the undertaking of economic appraisal and economic impact assessment, and use of financial or business case modelling techniques for urban, infrastructure, environmental and digital interventions, as well
- Involvement in sector market studies, trade analysis, sector value chain analysis, data mining and urban and social informatics, all of which are desirable for this role
- minimum 2:1 honours degree in economics, statistics or social sciences as well as Essential postgraduate degree in a subject area related to economics, urban development or data science
- Relevant previous experience in an economic consulting post.
- Demonstrable use of relevant software including:
- Statistical packages - SPSS, Stata
- Spatial data analysis – Arcview, QGIS, R
- Business intelligence software – MS Power BI, Tableau.
The Economics team has developed a growing international portfolio of economic development and urban regeneration projects. In this position, you will have the opportunity to take the lead on a number of engaging projects within the group covering a wide range of issues - from industrial and sector strategy; enterprise and SME development; capability development; urban resilience and infrastructure development – and at all levels from regional planning through to development of key sites within cities.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on 07881788772 or firstname.lastname@example.org