Ecology Data and Project Manager (Nationwide)
Are you an ecologist with a particular interest in technology and data management, looking to be part of a successful team whilst maintaining a work life balance? Or looking to work on a greater diversity of projects where you can continue to develop your technical expertise whilst supporting colleagues? The Role
Our client aims to build on their track record as one of the leading global Environmental consultancies, they are seeking a talented individual to focus on project and data management and analysis. They are looking for an experienced ecologist to join their established network of over 70 ecologists with the energy and organisational skills to manage and deliver multiple projects alongside one another.
The main focus of this role is to support on major schemes which require extensive project and data management, including leading and coordinating analysis for bat data using software such as Analook W, Analook Insight and Bat Explorer. There will also be a requirement to use MotionMeerkat (or future software) to analyse infrared camera footage. The candidate will require a high level of knowledge of analysis software with expertise in species identification using sonograms. They will be required to work alongside our Bat Technical Excellence Group to continue developing our approaches to analysis and data management to fit with our Leading with Science® ethos.
The role will require a sound understanding of the technical aspects of ecological consultancy as well as commercial awareness in relation to communication, pricing for work and time management. It will require working closely with Regional Leads and bat specialists and the provision of additional project management support to their wider ecological team.
Although predominately an office-based role, there will be opportunities to undertake fieldwork and there is an expectation that support will be provided to the Ecology team with field surveys when necessary.
With a passion to achieve the best Environmental outcomes on projects, the person in this role will be a confident and competent ecologist with a proven track record in bat data analysis and data management. However, we will encourage professional development in areas that align with your own aspirations as well as the Ecology, Environmental or Tetra Tech Group strategies. Our client will provide inhouse Project Management training and encourage you to lead on projects that align with your technical skillset.
They operate fully flexible, hybrid working which allows team members to choose where, how and when they work as long as their clients are receiving the high-quality service they expect. They focus on talent and skills, not postcode, and encourage applicants from across the UK. However, the role involves working alongside other ecologists and colleagues and there will be a requirement to attend offices, events or sites as necessary.
They are very happy to discuss flexible working for this role, including the possibility of reduced or compressed hours and flexible start or finish times. They can offer a range of solutions to help you get the most out of your work / life balance. If the timing’s not quite right for you, please do still get in touch as they will always consider deferring the start date for the right candidate. About the team
- Over 70 permanent ecologists across 12 offices working as one cohesive team.
- Time away from home minimised.
- IT systems allow seamless remote and flexible working, so proximity to an office is not a barrier– they focus on talents & skills, not postcode. Team members can work on the projects that interest them and deliver them to the highest standards.
- Cars or car allowances to every member of the team regardless of grade, including for personal use.
- Established TOIL system to allow time management to suit specific personal needs alongside seasonal demands.
- Career frameworks provide clarity on how to progress.
- They encourage the development of well-rounded consultants who can talk about all stages of a project and offer internal and external training and mentoring, including from our inhouse experts.
- Bat handling licence incentivisation scheme to thank ecologists who spend time and effort in achieving their licence - they know it's not easy!
- And to show their support of personal development, they award a significant financial bonus to anyone achieving Chartered Ecologist status through CIEEM.
- They work closely with many other teams, including their own Planners, Archaeologists, Landscape Architects, Masterplanners and Engineers. With a culture of openness, there is always someone within the business who can provide advice and support for almost any query.
Our client is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
They positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, or parental leave.
They are very happy to discuss flexible working for this role, including the possibility of reduced hours, flexible start and finish times, or compressed hours. They can offer a range of solutions to help you to get the most out of your work / life balance.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on 07881788772 or email@example.com
Our industry knowledge ensures a unique, valued and specialist service. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism.
For Further Information on Hup Consulting visit www.huphuphup.com