POSITION: Principal / Associate Transport Economist
LOCATION: London, Birmingham, Manchester & Nottingham.
Our client is a company that employs the very best transport planners and economists, and provides an environment in which people can flourish and develop fulfilling careers.
They have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced transport economist to join their team. With significant transport economics and business case development experience, you will have the opportunity to work as part of a small but growing team. You will be support with continued career development, and in return help deliver exemplar projects and achieve the aim of ‘improving the way the world moves’. The right person will be comfortable working on both international and UK projects.
As part of your role, you will be expected to:
- Manage, lead and prepare for funding submission/external scrutiny both economic appraisals and business cases for transport schemes
- Contribute to and lead on economic impact assessments and commercial feasibility assessments for aspects of both minor and major transport strategy projects
- Be comfortable working on competitive funding bids for company clients, often to tight timescales
- Deliver on company philosophy of ensuring excellence in everything that we do
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with company clients and local authorities
- Supervise and coach less-experienced members of staff
- Travel across the UK, and internationally
- Help the company grow and, most importantly… have fun along the way!
The ideal candidate will have many of the following skills/experience:
- An academic qualification in economics or a closely related subject (required)
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills (required)
- Excellent report-writing skills (required)
- Creative and innovative approaches to dealing with complex transport issues (required)
- Deep understanding of transport policy and current issues (required)
- A successful track record in preparing proposals for consultancy assignments (preferred)
- Well established network of industry contacts and positive client referrals (preferred)
- Leadership and management of economic appraisal projects (required)
- Knowledge of standard appraisal guidance for the UK (TAG/HMT Green Book appraisal) and IFIs (required)
- Experience in completing appraisals of BRT, disaster risk mitigation or mass transit investments (required)
- International project experience in economic appraisal, strategy development or business case development (preferred)
- Chartered membership of an appropriate professional organisation (preferred)
A flexible, friendly, informal and inclusive working environment, exciting project opportunities, and a competitive remuneration package, including salary sacrifice schemes and flexible working.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on 07881788772 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our industry knowledge ensures a unique, valued and specialist service. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism.
For Further Information on Hup Consulting visit www.huphuphup.com