: Lead Economist - DevelopmentLocation
Are you an Economist with a background in economic development? Our client is looking for a consultant to join their team in London in helping shape creative solutions to address challenges facing the UK.
They have been providing economics services across a diversity of urban areas internationally and are now looking for an economist who is wanting an opportunity to help shape their service offering within the UK. This role offers exceptional career development by working closely with Senior members of staff and comes with an attractive salary and benefits package.Key Duties:
Your Skills and Experiences:
- Contribute to developing an active pipeline of business opportunities aligned with the business plan.
- Developing tailored consulting technical solutions; ensuring the delivery of exceptional cradle to grave support to clients, delivering an approach that adapts to their understanding, experience and needs.
- Main project lead taking ownership of the financial and technical success of the projects whilst strengthening the client relationships and repeat business opportunities.
- Contributing towards innovation, technical capability and skills development initiatives and programmes.
- Monitors and manages the successful delivery of projects in this context and in terms of technical quality, timely delivery, financial performance and client satisfaction.
- Maintaining an accurate picture of current and future market trends in order to establish and continuously improve our offering across the sector.
- Accountable for effective business and project planning on projects where project Leader; and supporting own direct reports to deliver in this respect.
Provide economic and financial analyses in cross-disciplinary strategic advisory projects including economic development strategies/policies, integrated urban development and strategic spatial planning projects.
- Experience of working with UK public and private sector.
- A deep understanding of the economic drivers behind development projects and the built environment.
- Leading the development of business cases using the UK Treasury Green Book approach.
- Conducting socio-economic impact analyses for policies and projects.
- Building and reviewing financial models for projects of different scales, from large-scale regional redevelopments and portfolios to single investments.
- Project leadership and management skills with a track record of exceptional technical delivery (5+ years post qualification experience).
- Effective stakeholder management and engagement skills.
- A collaborative team player effective in leading high performing multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Experience of work winning and ability to build relationships with clients. Active within relevant industry or topic based networks.
- Capacity to innovate and work at the leading edge of our industry evidenced through involvement in incubation and application of new solutions, thought leadership and applied research and development activities.
- Specialist technical and sector experience is preferred in a number of the following areas:
Economic assessment and appraisal:
- Strategic advisory for urban development and regeneration and/or infrastructure plans programmes and projects
- Economic development strategy for cities and regions to support competitiveness, productivity and diversification objectives.
- Development economics
- Environmental economics applied to address urban development challenges
- Industrial and sector strategies
- Tourism strategy and market development
- Investment zones
- Private sector development expertise including enterprise and SME strategy
- Labour market, skills and human capital development strategy
- Foresight and scenario analysis techniques
- Quantitative economic analysis and demographic modelling to identify economic and social needs and demands for development and infrastructure
- Economic appraisal and economic impact assessment, along with familiarity of design, development and use of financial or business case modelling techniques for urban, infrastructure, environmental and digital interventions
- Real estate appraisal
- Economic valuation using stated and revealed preference methods
What our client Offers:
- Proficient in economic and financial modelling (Excel)
- Integrate technical inputs such as capital costs and performance data into relevant financial metrics.
- Generous holiday entitlement of 25 days per annum, exclusive of Bank Holidays.
- Hybrid working arrangements.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Life Assurance.
- Income Protection.
- Flexible Benefits - including Cycle scheme, Dental insurance, Optical Cover, Travel insurance and Corporate discounts.
- Early leaving at the end of the month - Our client actively encourages their employees to finish at 3pm on the last Friday of each month (depending on business demands). These hours can equate to an additional 4 days leave per annum.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on 07881788772 or email@example.com
Our industry knowledge ensures a unique, valued and specialist service. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism.
For Further Information on Hup Consulting visit www.huphuphup.com