Senior/ Principal Economic Analyst LOCATION
: Leeds, Manchester & Sheffield The Opportunity
Our client is seeking an experienced economist to join their team working across the North West and Yorkshire, and more widely across the UK and internationally. This is an exciting opportunity to play a central role in shaping a sustainable future for towns and cities, through developing economic narratives, visions, strategies and business cases for a variety of clients and projects. You will have the opportunity to work on projects, bids, business development activities and spend time interfacing with clients and building external relationships.
In this role you will support and manage the delivery of projects in the transport planning and business case field, along with those across the broader infrastructure, development, sustainability and economic regeneration sectors. Leading meetings and presentations to clients and stakeholders engaging positively to achieve successful project outcomes.Is this role right for you?
The ideal candidate will have a versatile skillset, with the ability to provide transport economics expertise alongside broader economics capability across a range of sectors – for example, economic development, regeneration, economic analysis and evaluation, land use / housing and environmental economics.
You will have demonstrable experience in the application of economic theory and practice, having previously worked in consultancy or government, with a track record of project delivery. You will be comfortable working with clients and stakeholders in the public, private, and community sectors, and you will be passionate about bringing together ideas and resources across different organisations.Our client is ideally seeking the following skills and experience;
Rewards and Benefits
- A Bachelor's degree or a post-graduate degree in economics, transport studies, urban planning, public policy, social science, or in a related field.
- Postgraduate experience in Economic Consulting, Business Case Development (public or private sector) or similar.
- Experience in preparing transport, regeneration or infrastructure business cases and strong knowledge of the HMT Green Book and Project Business Case guidance (Better Business Case Certification desirable).
- Understanding of the benefits of transport investment schemes including wider economic and social benefits and experience of producing economic appraisals based on UK appraisal guidance (e.g., DfT’s WebTAG).
- Familiarity with the funding and governance landscape for transport projects, including, for example, private sector funding models, public sector business case development, and delivery models for major infrastructure or housing/commercial schemes.
As a member organisation, everyone shares in their success through a global profit share scheme (payments are dependent on the firm’s financial performance).
They also provide Private medical insurance, Life assurance, Accident insurance and Income protection cover. In addition, you’ll have access to flexible benefits to help you look after all aspects of your wellbeing and give you the freedom and flexibility to find the best solutions for you, your family, and your individual needs.
Our client, welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and any other protected characteristic. Our internal employee networks - BAME, Culture, Disability, LGBTQ+ and Women - provide a space for you to express your views and to make a positive difference
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on 07881788772 or email@example.com
Our industry knowledge ensures a unique, valued and specialist service. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism.
For Further Information on Hup Consulting visit www.huphuphup.com