POSITION: Principal / Associate EcologistLOCATION: Various inc - Bath, London, Leeds, Manchester, Edinburgh
Our client is seeking an experienced ecologists, at principal or associate level, to join their expanding team.
In this role, you will be able to be part of a small team that has a key influence on the outcomes of a wide variety of diverse and interesting projects across the UK and/or internationally - from urban renewal and regeneration schemes to regional-scale nature-based solutions strategies and habitat restoration plans. Whether you want to specialise in particular aspects of UK work or experience as much variety as possible across our global portfolio, you'll be supported to do that and enable you to shape your career in the direction that you want to take it.
This role can be based in any UK office (Bath, London, Leeds, Manchester, Edinburgh) with hybrid working arrangements to suit, and can be offered on a permanent or contract basis.
This role will encompass:
- UK focus: supporting the UK Ecology and Biodiversity Management lead in the strategic growth of climate resilience and nature-based solutions work, including the opportunity to lead service offers you have a particular interest in, and to grow your own team to deliver these.
- International focus: providing direct-to-client ecological advice in areas such as regional environmental plans, environmental zoning plans, regional restoration and offsetting strategies, masterplans and EIAs.
- Providing senior input into multidisciplinary projects, including liaising across disciplines, presenting findings and recommendations to clients, managing team inputs and being responsible for the technical outputs of the team.
- Defining ecological survey requirements, liaising with species’ experts and managing sub-consultants to carry out surveys.
- Advising on biodiversity restoration/enhancement and integration of green infrastructure and other nature-based solutions to secure biodiversity gain and strengthen climate change resilience measures.
- Advising on the implementation of international best practice such as the International Finance Corporation’s Performance Standard 6, which relates to biodiversity (it is recognised that candidates may not already have this experience, and full training and support can be provided).
- Senior technical review of reports and presentations
- Project management, including resource planning, managing budgets, and contribution to work winning, including the preparation of proposals.
- Management and mentoring of more junior team members.
- Liaising with clients and building client relationships.
We are looking for:
Experienced individuals who are passionate about their work and have a strong technical background in ecology (terrestrial or marine) or a related discipline, either in the UK or internationally.
- A technical understanding of, and experience in, the UK planning system and ecological legislation and best practice, including master planning, Ecological Impact Assessment, Biodiversity Net Gain and Biodiversity Action Plans or
- Experience of working on international projects requiring IFC Performance Standards to be met, including a good technical understanding of PS6 and related reporting requirements.
- Experience of successful multidisciplinary project delivery, through:
- proactively working with design teams to ensure that biodiversity considerations are embedded into the decision-making process.
- planning and management of budgets and time management.
- communicating biodiversity issues to a variety of audiences, through meetings, presentations and reporting.
- The desire to coach and mentor more junior staff to help them develop their own technical and commercial skills.
- In general, having a positive, solutions-focussed and collaborative approach to working within the team, and encouraging independent thinking, innovation and a supportive working environment.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on 07881788772 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our industry knowledge ensures a unique, valued and specialist service. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. For Further Information on Hup Consulting visit www.huphuphup.com