Job Title: Senior/ Principal Consultant – EcologyLocation: Cardiff (Hybrid)The Opportunity:
Our client is looking to appoint an Ecologist at Senior or Principal Consultant level to join their well-established Cardiff office who can help manage the growing ecology team whilst also working closely with the wider ecology team nationally.
In this exciting role your responsibilities will include:
- Managing ecological projects including staff allocation, managing subcontractors, managing risk, management of commercial aspects of projects, quality assurance, maintaining and improving quality of reporting, addressing any client feedback and ensuring effective communication on all projects.
- Producing and overseeing the production of ecological appraisals, survey reports, licence applications, Ecological Impact Assessments, Biodiversity Net Gain Assessments, Habitats Regulations Assessments and other similar documents.
- Carrying out ecological surveys, where necessary, and checking that surveys are being carried out to the required standards by all staff.
- Preparation of fee proposals and tenders, including contribution to multi-disciplinary bids/proposals as required.
The successful candidate will be someone who has:
- A degree in ecology or a related discipline.
- At least 5 years’ experience and knowledge of working in a professional consultancy practice with excellent commercial awareness.
- Experience of managing ecological projects to completion and reporting to the standards required by planning authorities, Natural England and other similar bodies.
- A proven track record of mentoring individuals and/or managing an ecology team.
- Strong survey skills including Extended UK Habitat and protected species surveys (with at least one licence or specialism desirable)
- Experience of Protected Species licencing and preparing relevant documents for disturbance / mitigation licences. Named Ecologist on such a licence desirable but not essential.
- Full membership of CIEEM.
- A full UK driving licence.
Our client offers excellent career prospects in a supportive working environment with no restrictions on how far you can progress. They encourage all of their employees to contribute to their professional institution.
- Membership of the Firm's Group Personal Pension Plan, with Employer's contribution of up to 5%.
- Payment of a relevant professional subscription.
- 24 days annual leave per year.
- Membership to the Firm's Private Health Care Scheme.
- Inclusion in the Firm's Critical Illness Cover Policy.
- Inclusion in the Firm's Life Assurance Policy, insuring you 3 times your annual salary.
- Mobile Phone with inclusive tariff including personal usage.
- Flexi-Time Working Schedule.
- Long service awards.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Travel Loans.
- Recruitment Bounty Scheme.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on 07881788772 or email@example.com
Our industry knowledge ensures a unique, valued and specialist service. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism.
For Further Information on Hup Consulting visit www.huphuphup.com