Job Title: Highways and Infrastructure Design Engineer
Location: Bristol & London
Term: Contract or Permanent
We are currently recruiting for a leading projects firm, specialising in delivery of highway infrastructure design services to developers, retailers, operators, land owners and public sector bodies responsible for any form of development.
Their experience covers the full range of design and procurement of highway infrastructure schemes including feasibility stage, preliminary design, planning application input, detailed design and procurement including contract administration and supervision of works.
They are seeking a Highways and Infrastructure Design Engineer to assist and expand the team on the delivery of Development related projects.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Undertaking detailed highway design for major and minor projects throughout the UK and Ireland
- Assisting with the preparation of cost estimates and providing advice on highway design related matters
- Advising and assisting in the drafting of S38, S104 and S278 Agreements
- Advising on drainage design using industry standard software
- Determining the potential impact and progressing diversion quotations of statutory undertakers services where affected by proposed highway infrastructure
- Preparing contract documentation
- Managing the successful delivery of multiple design projects
- Building and maintaining strong client relationships at all levels both internally and externally, with interest in developing Client relationships
- Strong experience in the field of highway engineering (ideally with drainage), with relevant technical experience
- Very good AutoCAD skills
- Developer related highways experience
- Industry recognised qualifications preferred
- Good working knowledge of highway design criteria and the ability to undertake detailed highway design relating to delivery of new highway schemes, modification of existing highway infrastructure and assist in obtaining technical approvals. Working experience of securing highway authority approvals
- Experience with Civil 3D, MX – highway alignment, volumetrics, PDS or Micro Drainage would be beneficial
- Able to work proactively and use initiative
- Excellent communicator with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels both internally and externally
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on 020 8690 9942 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our industry knowledge ensures a unique, valued and specialist service. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism.
For Further Information on Hup Consulting visit www.huphuphup.com