Our Client is the recognised leader in ‘Big Data’ location analytics – extracting insight and opportunities from very large data sets, particularly mobile phone data. Recent projects span a number of sectors from working with transport operators, retailers, insurance providers and media agencies, and ourâ€ˆclientâ€ˆlistâ€ˆisâ€ˆunrivalled.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a great opportunity for an individual to become part of a dynamic, specialised team in a company with a world class reputation. Following significant successes, this area of our work is growing rapidly, and we are looking to hire more team members to help grow this exciting area.
- Analyse mobile phone data using SQL to provide insight to clients.
- Undertake quality checks and validation protocols on your, and others’, work.
- Work closely with other project team members to deliver projects in the agreed timescales and to budget.
- Support reporting of the analysis, including the delivery of visuals in GIS software, and provide commentary on the analysis and insights.
- Manage client expectations and be responsible for the client deliverables.
- Identify innovative ways to analyse the data, as well as process improvements and implement them across projects.
- Develop insight products relevant to multiple markets, in order to maximise mobile network data opportunities.
- Be involved in the development of proposal documents to win new business.
- A degree (2.1 or above equivalent) in a relevant subject (Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Operational Research, Information Management, Computer Science).
- Demonstrable experience analysing data, providing insights to clients and recognising the impact of this knowledge on a client’s business.
- Demonstrable experience in the use of SQL to manipulate large data sets, including the use of indexes and spatial queries.
- Demonstrable experience using GIS software to interpret and present spatial data visually (for example MapInfo, Arc, QGIS, PostGIS).
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office.
- Experience of working on multiple concurrent projects and delivering against challenging deadlines.
- Excellent standard of written and spoken English.
- Ability to write and deliver engaging presentations.
Experience working in one of the following industries: transport, retail, insurance, sports, out of home media and events.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including VBA.
- 2-3 years’ experience as an Analyst.
- Foreign languages.